BBSI is partnering with a Food and Beverage Manufacturing company located in San Bernardino to hire for a first shift Quality Assurance Technician to join their team.
Summary: Perform all tasks involved in the production of Company's products. Follow standard work methods and practice safe work habits to ensure production is as efficient and safe as possible. Must comply with regulations set forth by Company, GMP, HACCP, SQF, and USDA. May come in contact with chemicals that are for food safety cleaning and sanitation. Will need to be able to lift, push, and pull items between 15 and 50 pounds. Position requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, squatting and twisting frequently. This job is repetitive on a daily basis and requires repetitive hand movement.
- Perform Pre-Operational Inspection as needed.
- Perform Operational Inspection as needed.
- Perform Metal Detector Checks per written procedures.
- Perform Net Weight checks per written procedures.
- Perform Calibration Verification Procedures per written policy.
- Perform Water Activity Readings, CCP2b, per written policy.
- Perform Record Reviews per written policy.
- Perform Pre-Shipment Reviews per written policy.
- Perform Routine, documented Quality Checks. Report deficiencies to Production Supervision and take corrective measures when needed. Notify Quality Assurance Manager of any non-compliances.
- Ensure that Raw material and Packaging material is received per written procedures.
- Ensure that product is shipped per written procedures.
- Ensure that all employees are adhering to Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Place product on Hold when needed per hold and release program.
- Ensure that Pest Control Policy is being followed.
- Participate in employee training program.
- Help maintain documentation relating to SQF level 2 compliance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Quality Assurance Manager.
- Perform miscellaneous tasks as assigned.
- Must act as back up to the other QA Technician.
- Must act as back up to Quality Assurance Manager, Quality Assurance Supervisor, or Production Lead person.
Minimum Required Skills:
- Bi-Lingual, English and Spanish a plus.
- 6 months Food Industry Experience.
- Basic Mathematical Skills.
- Able to write legibly.
- Able to follow direction with little Supervision.
- Able to use measuring devices such as thermometers and scales.
- Able to stand and walk for long periods.
- Able to withstand cold and hot temperatures.
- Some College coursework.
- HACCP Training.
- SQF exposure.
- Quality Assurance experience.
Temp to hire position
Posting ID: 589247812Posted: 2020-11-24