We are currently hiring a Software Development Manager for an e-commerce company in Playa Vista. This is a hands-on role, overseeing the development of new technologies and the improvement of existing systems. It's a great opportunity to implement open source technologies and build upon the current applications using serverless architecture, CI/CD, and DevOps.
The ideal candidate will be a proven leader comfortable managing people and taking responsibility for the team's success.
- Supervise the delivery of projects involving a variety of technologies and ensuring solutions align with long-term objectives and are built to own and operate.
- Recruit the best talent and build a great engineering team that delivers innovative solutions
- Lead decision-making and collaboration across stakeholders, operational teams, and delivery partners.
- Innovate and optimize engineering processes and standards
- Common professional knowledge of craft skills fully versed on all solutions within their management area. Able to actively participate in technical discussions with SMEs of their equivalent level.
- Lead operational excellence and proper incident management and resolution
- To develop and maintain in-depth knowledge of our business, products, and application portfolio
- Responsible for day-to-day execution and planning, personnel development, scheduling, and resourcing for the team. Provides estimates for a team and handles or escalates resourcing issues
- Set and manage uptime, system responsiveness, and other key metrics
- Maintain and lead awareness of industry best practices and relevant technologies
- Direct, review and approve engineering designs and implementations; actively participate in code reviews
- Ensure team delivery of documentation, education, and support of platform systems for application developers
- Demonstrate fiscal responsibility and manage the budget for the team.
- BS in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience is required
- 10+ years of software engineering experience
- At least 5 years of hands-on development
- Minimum 5 years of management experience
- 3+ years of API design and delivering SOA
- Must be very comfortable programming (25% of the time) and be able to provide "hands-on" guidance.
- Deep understanding and proven success utilizing software engineering principles/processes (e.g. Agile, DevOps, TDD) and continuous improvement through measurement
- Strong architecture, design, and implementation skills with a strong coding background in patterns and object-oriented languages. Comfortable in the following languages: Python, PHP, .NET.
- Must have experience with AWS at scale; AWS Serverless is a big plus.
- Comprehend business drivers and KPIs
- Prior experience leading and managing onshore/offshore teams
- Experience working in legacy platforms and migrating to modern technologies is preferred.
- Experience managing vendors and contractors including invoices and budget tracking
- Delivery accountability for complex enterprise applications development
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Comfortable operating in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Posting ID: 567178040Posted: 2020-08-09