Embark on a career putting innovative, reliable, and agile products and ideas into orbit, and beyond. Northrop Grumman has opportunities waiting for you that play a vital role in human space exploration, national defense, and scientific discovery, supporting multiple programs across the universe. With us, you'll discover a culture of curiosity and collaboration that will have you Defining Possible from the day you start. Our space systems connect and protect millions of people on earth every day, now and for the future. Explore your future and launch your career today. Strategic Space Systems Division (SSSD) is an industry-leading provider for launch systems capabilities serving national security, military, civil and commercial customers. We are built on a heritage of providing innovative, affordable and reliable aerospace and defense products that our customers rely on to achieve mission success. Join the Space revolution and make the impossible, possible. SSSD has an opening for a Cyber System Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in either Redondo Beach, CA or El Segundo, CA. The candidate must be capable of leading technical efforts in support of program cyber and system security execution across various IPTs and for a geographically dispersed team. Role and Responsibilities: Candidate will perform system security engineering activities supporting all phases of systems development in the areas of Cybersecurity/Information Assurance (IA)/System Security Engineering, and Security Assessment and Authorization (A&A) as per RMF (Risk Management Framework) for multiple programs and R&D activities for embedded and large-scale distributed DoD space, computer, and communication systems. Specific responsibilities include the following: - Define system security requirements, architecture, design, development, evaluation, certification, and accreditation for embedded and large-scale, distributed DoD computer, and communications systems. - Work with subcontractors and commercial vendors in the selection and evaluation of secure operating systems, applications, networks, hardware, databases, etc. - Present information in a positive manner to management and customers. - Work on multiple tasks simultaneous. - Apply advanced technical principles, theories, and concepts to programs. - Work on unusually complex technical problems and provide solutions, which are highly innovative. - Derive assignments using self-initiative, then pursue courses of action necessary to obtain desired results. - Develop advanced technological ideas and guide their development into a final product. - Serve as organization spokesperson on advanced projects and/or programs. - Act as advisor to management and customers on advanced technical research studies and applications. - Collaborate on project management activities including planning, scheduling, budgeting and earned value. - Lead security business development and acquisition activities including proposal development, estimation and technical evaluation responses. - Apply risk management concepts to mitigate vulnerabilities in security architectures. - Strong interpersonal, organizational, and teambuilding skills. Strong writing and oral presentation skills; ability to write final-version deliverable technical documents and reports. Candidates to have specific domain expertise in System Security Engineering (SSE) / Information Assurance (IA) / Cyber Security; experience providing life-cycle support of Information Assurance (IA) and Anti-Tamper (AT) for requirements, architecture, design, implementation, secure software practices, validation and testing, and Assessment and Authorization (A&A); applying system security engineering principles to provide realistic solutions designed to enhance the security posture; and evaluating different network and enclave configurations with respect to the DoDI 8510.01 and NIST 800-53 Security Controls and formulate effective Risk Management Framework (RMF) processes & accreditation packages; and write RMF-based policies and procedures, and develop sound IA/Cybersecurity processes to include implementation. Must be able to prioritize and execute tasks and enjoy working in a collaborative team environment, prepare coherent and concise documentation required for certification evaluation. Northrop Grumman offers a competitive and robust benefits program. As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman, you are eligible for: - Medical, Dental & Vision coverage - 401k - Educational Assistance - Life Insurance - Employee Assistance Programs & - Work/Life Solutions - Paid Time Off - Health & Wellness Resources - Employee Discounts - Flexible Schedules: For example the ability to work a 9/80 work schedule, which allows an employee to work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday and take every other Friday off of work For more details, please view Northrop Grumman Benefits. LosAngelesSpace Qualifications: Basic Qualifications • Bachelor's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 9+ years of engineering experience OR Master's Degree in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 7+ years of engineering experience OR PhD in a STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering or Mathematics) discipline and 4+ years of engineering experience
• Active DoD Top Secret/SSBI and/or Active SCI clearance
• Background in Cyber Test and Evaluation or Mission-Based Cyber Risk Assessments (MBCRAs)
• Exposure to the Cyber Table Tops, HW/SW vulnerability and penetration testing in a DOD cyber range. Preferred Qualifications • Strong systems engineering knowledge of military/intelligence systems.
• Experience developing system security engineering products and system security architectures, including development of CONOPS, Cybersecurity, IA requirements, and IA test plans/procedures.
• Experience implementing cryptographic algorithms in software.
• Certification in one of the following: DoDI 8570 (CISSP), GSE, SCNA, GSLC, CISM.
• Experience in the development, monitoring, and enforcement of Cybersecurity/IA procedures and processes for classified information processing systems, to include implementation of system auditing.
• Experience developing security documentation in support of system security A&A (IATT/ATO) and compliance, including DoDI 8510.01, "Risk Management Framework (RMF) for DoD Information Technology (IT)", CNSSI No. 1253, and NIST SP 800-53
• Experience with multiple operating systems, such as Linux, Solaris, and Windows.
• Experience with networking, firewalls, intrusion detection, and penetration testing.
• Experience with HAIPE and/or NSA Type 1 crypto/key management development and integration.
• Experience with architecture/design practices for DoD system high, multi-level secure (MLS), and cross-domain systems.
• Experience with proposal development, program management, and business development.
• Experience with system architecture modeling, MBSE, DoDAF, UML, SysML, and use case development.
• Experience in key management for COTS/GOTS cryptographic units embedded in large systems. Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. For our complete EEO/AA and Pay Transparency statement, please visit www.northropgrumman.com/EEO. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.