Review the job posting and click the external applicant link to apply.
You must register to apply for a job or create a job search agent profile. Once you have selected to apply for a job online, click the 'Register Here' link and follow the steps to create the account. The system will not prompt you to register until you try to apply for a job online.
Employment applications must be submitted online through our careers site. Please note, we do not accept resumes or applications by email or on paper.
Since 1914 UC Cooperative Extension has been the bridge between local issues and innovative answers through the power of UC research.
Our advisors, specialists, faculty, and staff are committed to these principles:
• Connecting Californians to their University
• Being a leader to bring science-based solutions
• Providing information that is trustworthy and not biased
• Providing research that is practical to use
• Addressing the local concerns of communities
• Inviting the participation of all concerned stakeholders
• Serving where private industry cannot or will not
UC ANR's work makes a difference in the lives of all Californians.
Under direction of the Assistant Custodian Supervisor, perform assigned custodial services, including skilled and semi-skilled cleaning, housekeeping and general maintenance duties in administrative offices, research laboratories, public entries, hallways and conference rooms. May work individually or as part of a group, may be assigned specific buildings or areas of responsibility, or be assigned various custodial tasks on a day-to-day basis, based upon the greatest need. Operate vacuum cleaners, carpet shampoo machines, waxers, floor scrubbing and / or polishing machines used during stripping, waxing buffing and/or other cleaning operations. Create reports on building and/or equipment needs; secure assigned areas; move office furniture, complete conference room setups; assist in the set up and dismantling of special equipment at Center functions; empty, organize and prepare recyclable and garbage pickups for the facility; monitor the performance of custodial contract vendors for completion and quality; load and unload large trash receptacles; perform specialized cleaning in research laboratories; prepare supply orders, receive, issue and inventory custodial supplies. Perform minor building maintenance such as changing light bulbs, plunging toilets etc.
This position is a career appointment that is 100% fixed.
Min $18.24/hr. to Mid $20.93/hr.
Job Posting Close Date:
This job posting will close on 1/15/2021.
- Sweep, mop, wax, dust, clean, and/or polish floors, stairs, hallways, corridors, walks, moldings, building entrances, window sills and other areas; Remove cobwebs; dust, clean, wax and/or polish furniture, woodwork, painted walls, light fixtures, window blinds, ventilation registers, blackboards, filing cabinets and other equipment.
- Clean and/or disinfect restrooms and shower areas.
- Clean windows, glass doors and mirrors, empty wastebaskets and other waste receptacles.
- Operate, maintain, set-up and dismantle a full range of powered and non-powered cleaning equipment, including but not limited to: vacuum cleaners, buffers, carpet cleaners/extractors, grout cleaners, floor scrubbers, floor burnishers, waxing machines. - Develop new work methods or changes in custodial services that will improve cleanliness standards, consistency and efficiencies.
- Perform periodic inspections of assigned area.
- Report maintenance problems to Supervisor for action.
- Monitor custodial service vendors for performance, work closely with Supervisor to address ongoing contract vendor problems.
- Move office and lab furniture.
- Store all excess office and lab furniture.
- Complete all scheduled or non-scheduled conference room set-ups.
-Clean break/lunch rooms, floors, tables, sinks, countertops and fixtures, load and start dishwasher, clean interior of microwave and/or conventional ovens.
- Coordinate the recyclable and refuse pick-ups for the facility.
- Empty paper shredder bins in assigned areas.
- Operate the forklift; Relocate refuse bins to prepare for refuse disposal vendor.
- Prepare custodial supply orders, receive orders into stock, maintain the storeroom inventory, and issue supplies.
- Vacuum, spot clean and shampoo all carpeted areas.
- Assist in office and lab renovations, including painting, mounting dispensers or other items on walls, changing light bulbs, clearing minor drain stoppages.
- Removes litter surrounding buildings, clean and sweep entrances/exits and sidewalks.
SECURITY / BUDGET AND PLANNING / RECORD KEEPING:
- Lock doors; Lock entrance and exit gates.
- Develop and implement security procedures and controls.
- Assist in developing short and long-range budget recommendations for equipment and supplies.
- Maintain records for all custodial equipment.
- Review service schedules for buildings and areas assigned and complete services.
- Report cleanliness inspection results to ACS and correct deficiencies noted.
HEALTH AND SAFETY / RESEARCH/PUBLIC RELATIONS/COMMUNICATIONS:
- Communicate existing and potential safety hazards to ACS and Safety Coordinator and resolve issues.
- Participate in safety training and planning processes.
- Assist with corrective action plan(s), program reviews, inspections and resolution of 'Hazard Alerts'.
- Maintain and update the hazardous materials inventory and MSDS for assigned area. - Participates in emergency notification planning and activation process.