Adventist Health is more than an award-winning health system. We provide whole-person care to our communities and champion the greater good - from the operating room to the boardroom, we are driven by our unique passion to live God's love through health, wholeness and hope. From Oregon to Oahu, we have a calling to always do more. Now is your chance to apply your passion to our mission.
We're looking for someone to join our team as a Physician Assistant (Outpatient) who:
Evaluates, diagnoses and provides patient care, treatment and services, including the performance of physical exams, diagnosing conditions, development of treatment plans, health counseling and prescribing medications for patients seen by the collaborating/supervising physician in an outpatient setting. Assumes total care of patients under the direction of a physician. Follows established standards, procedures and practices, and gives specific patient modalities to health clinic staff. Regularly demonstrates subject matter expertise regarding medication, treatment, and patient care standards.Essential Functions:
- Evaluates and treats patients within prescribes parameters. Orders appropriate tests, treatments and counsels, as needed. Performs complete, detailed and accurate patient histories. Reviews patient records to develop comprehensive medical status reports. Orders laboratory, radiological and diagnostic studies appropriate for complaint, age, race, sex and physical condition of the patient.
- Completes physical examinations and records pertinent data in acceptable medical forms. Makes medical diagnoses and institutes therapy or patient referrals to the appropriate health care facilities, agencies, resources of the community, or other physicians. Obtains and interprets patient data to determine appropriate diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, as needed. Develops and implements action plan for practice changes to enhance patient outcomes.
- Arranges hospital admissions and discharges at the direction of the Supervising Physician. Performs hospital rounds and records appropriate patient progress notes. Transcribes and executes specific orders at the direction of the Supervising Physician. Compiles detailed narrative and case summaries. Utilizes specific knowledge and skills in a surgical environment to assist the surgeon. Works under minimal supervision. Completes forms pertinent to patients' medical records and issues diagnostic orders, which must be signed within specified time period as defined by hospital guidelines. Interprets and evaluates patient data to determine patient management and treatment. Mentors, develops, inspires, educates and leads staff members in patient care setting. Enhances efficiency and cost effectiveness by identifying opportunities to decrease costs, as applicable to the job.
- Provides instructions and guidance regarding medical care matters to patients. Performs or assists with routine medical techniques and procedures.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
You'll be successful with the following qualifications:Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school/college of Physician Assistants, as applicable: Required
- Bachelor's Degree: Preferred
- Two years primary care or allied health experience: Preferred
- Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) or Basic Life Support (BLS) certification: Required
- Physician Assistant (PA) licensure in state of practice: Required
Adventist Health is committed to the safety and wellbeing of our associates and patients. Therefore, we require that all associates receive all required vaccinations, including, but not limited to, measles, mumps, flu (based on the seasonal availability of the flu vaccine typically during October-March each year), etc., as a condition of employment, and annually thereafter. Medical and religious exemptions may apply.
Posting ID: 598614166Posted: 2021-01-12