***This Job is located in Eugene, OR.***
Churchill Estates is the largest privately-owned retirement community in the greater Eugene area, with a long history and strong reputation of exceptional care. We are privileged to be able to provide long-term continuity of care, accommodating Independent Living, Assisted Living and Memory Care residents and their families, all on one campus.
Churchill Estates is in search of a reliable LPN to join our team in providing professional, compassionate care throughout our entire community.
Qualified LPN professionals will be proficient and warm. The ideal candidate is one who is experienced in providing empathetic care to a diverse population, and with a great deal of patience, while always maintaining a calm demeanor.
The care staff at Churchill Estates’ recognize the difficult and demanding nature of their jobs, and yet are willing perform their duties year after year, day after day, hour after hour, as importance and impact of work with which they are entrusted, is undeniable.
LPN Job Responsibilities:
- Manages resident care according to each of their needs, as directed by RN
- Interviews residents and records their medical history and condition(s) with detail and accuracy
- Obtains and records residents’ vital signs
- Observes residents’ health and provides routine care
- Observes residents under treatment plans to identify progress, side-effects of administered medications
- Documents findings in residents’ electronic health record
- Monitors residents’ conditions, reviews charts
- Prepares and administers injections and/or enemas, provides wound care
- Administers medications, as needed
- Obtains and prepares specimens for lab courier
- Assists with patient comfort, including emotional and psychological support as needed
- Communicates with residents and their families, provides advice, comfort, release instructions, as needed
- Communicates resident needs to RN and Facility Administrator, in a timely and concise manner
- Directs training of Medication Technicians, as directed by RN
- Fills in for, and at the request of, RN
· Excellent medical knowledge, including medical terminology
· Good physical condition, stamina and endurance
· Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills
· Knowledge of healthcare facility safety and sanitization regulations and procedures
· Knowledge of infection control practices
· Kindness, compassion
· Effective personal stress management
· Detail-oriented observational skills
· Knowledge of MS Office and data entry
· Knowledge of confidentiality obligations
· Works well in a multidisciplinary team
Education and Experience Requirements:
· Completion of state approved training program (generally in form of certificate, diploma, or associate degree)
· LPN License (pass NCLEX-PN exam)
· BLS certification
· 1-2 years recent LPN, or similar nursing experience, preferred
The chosen candidate will begin work at an hourly wage between $23.00-$26.00/hour, depending on qualifications and experience, work a full-time schedule under the supervision of an on-site RN and will be eligible for a competitive benefit package including medical, dental and vision insurance and a company-matched 401k.
Qualified applicants should please apply through this link, attaching their resume and any other qualifying documentation.