The hours for this position are Mon-Fri 9:00 am - 5:30 pm
Responsible for manually picking product, sorting product, and delivering product to distribution areas for packing and shipping of product while maintaining a safe and clean work environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Pull Orders; working from requisitions, customer order sheet, stock lists.
- Check off material as order is pulled.
- Select a wide variety of materials and supplies, accumulate orders, and deliver to distribution center or departments.
- Report shortages, assist in putting stock away, selecting bin or storage locations, and taking inventory.
- Move finished orders to shipping or staging area. Operate forklift, hand jacks and totes.
- Attach identifying tags to containers, or mark them with identifying information.
- Read work orders or receive oral instructions to determine work assignments and material and equipment needs.
- Record numbers of units handled and moved, using daily production sheets or work tickets.
- Move freight, stock, and other materials to and from storage and production areas, loading docks, delivery vehicles, and containers, by hand or using trucks, tractors, and other equipment.
- Verify and keep records on incoming/outgoing shipments; prepare items for shipment, including assembling, addressing, stamping, shipping merchandise or material; receiving, unpacking, arranging for transportation of products.
- Sort cargo before loading and unloading.
- High level of accuracy
- Work Safe
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE: High School/GED; 1-3 years work experience; preferably in a warehouse/distribution/manufacturing environment.
OTHER SKILLS and ABILITIES:
- PC literate (MS Office) preferred
- Ability to load, unload, or stack containers, materials, or products, manually and/or using industrial powered equipment
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs. regularly
- Ability to read work order, instructions, formulas, or processing charts
- Must maintain safe work environment;perform safety inspections in manufacturing or industrial setting
- Ability to package goods for shipment or storage; wrap products measure, weigh, or count products or materials
- Use of hand held RF Gun experience
- Ability to use mathematics to solve problems
- Use of logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems
- Inventory tracking software; scan guns or scanners knowledge helpful
Posting ID: 607701278Posted: 2021-03-05