The C4ISR Operation of Leidos is searching for a Business Development Lead in the Defense market. The selected candidate will be responsible for winning new major business opportunities. This role requires a highly resourceful and customer relations-oriented individual. The BD Lead must be capable of developing and maintaining customer and industry relationships in pursuit of new business. The position will report to the Division Business Development Director.
- Develop new market initiatives, conducting competitive assessments, maintaining and executing capture strategies with detailed call plans, and leading market survey responses.
- Follow Group processes for business development. This may include contacting and existing clients and partners, communicating the organizations core capabilities, and establishing internal and external teaming and managing bid and proposal funding.
- Be capable of developing (with SME support) solutions for assigned opportunities.
- Manage relationships with partners, and staff is as important as solution development.
- Participate in business planning activities, to include periodic pipeline reviews, operating plan development, bid agenda development, opportunity gate reviews, black hat sessions, win theme and discriminator workshops, and proposal reviews.
- Oversee the proposal phase is also included. The BD Lead is responsible for managing all the activities necessary to transform qualified opportunities into wins.
- The successful candidate will have a working knowledge of US Government contracting, contract types and procurement processes and must be team-oriented and demonstrate strong reasoning and communications skills, both oral and written.
- Conduct after action reviews for all business opportunity capture participants to document lessons learned and identify necessary adjustments to capture technique, strategy, and actions.
- Bachelor's degree with 12+ years of related capture/business development experience or a Master's degree with 10+ years of related capture/business development experience. Additional experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- Experience marketing capabilities to Intelligence Community (IC) and DoD customers.
- Be an organized, aggressive, highly skilled professional, knowledgeable in government contracting with excellent collaboration skills.
- Excellent communications skills.
- Familiarity with online tools used by the Federal Government for solicitations.
- Familiarity with Federal GWACs and GSA schedules.
- Experience in supporting large business development programs focused on opportunity identification and development and long term strategy development.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to gain support and establish working relationships with managers, peers and staff.
- Proven record of success managing BD efforts within the DoD.
- Demonstrated skills in all areas of business development including: opportunity qualification, capture strategy, customer visits, customer relationship development, relationship development with competition, team leadership, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with outstanding interpersonal and negotiation skills.
- Understanding and experience with DoD and C4ISR services work
- Active Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance
- Possess an active Top Secret clearance with the ability to obtain a TS/SCI
- BD Experience with Army INSCOM is highly preferred
External Referral Bonus:
Potential for Telework:
Clearance Level Required:
Yes, 25% of the time
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 38,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Va., Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $11.09 billion for the fiscal year ended January 3, 2020. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to email@example.com.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.