Leidos Mission Solutions Group is seeking a senior System Engineer to perform Information Technology system integration, performance analysis, requirements engineering/management, testing and evaluation, and other necessary disciplines for successful system development, design, implementation, and decommission. Provide technical leadership to a team of Senior System Engineers, in conjunction with the Lead Systems Engineer, Chief Architect and Lead Software Developer. The System Engineers perform analysis, design, deployment and lifecycle support for innovative systems and applications, and ensure all aspects of a project/system are properly evaluated and integrated with the end capability, and may serve as or support as scrum masters for individual software development sub-teams. The System Engineer is responsible for technical oversight of sub teams as assigned, and for ensuring integration across teams and with external stakeholders and customers.
The successful candidate will support the lead systems Engineer, support documentation development, updates and modifications and conduct testing of developed applications. The SE will work with developers to identify and resolve issues in code. The selected candidate will also determination of risk probability and enterprise impact, prioritization of perceived risks, and establish risk monitoring and management strategies.
BS Degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, or a scientific or technical disciple, plus 10 years relevant experience (or 13 years' experience with no degree)
• ACTIVE clearance with the US Government sponsor (TS/SCI with Poly)
• Analytical and conceptual skills; ability to create original concepts/theories
• Technology design skills; adapting equipment and technology to serve user needs
• Ability to logically and systematically convert customer or product requirements into total system solutions that acknowledge technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Ability to analyze and study complex system requirements such as:
o Perform functional analysis, timeline analysis, cost estimation, trade studies, requirements allocation and interface definition studies to translate customer requirements into hardware and software specifications
• Ability to accurately and quickly create and or modify documents such as Test Reports, Statements of Objectives, User Guides and technical specifications.
• Ability to write and execute accurate test plans and scripts.
• Ability to work and collaborate effectively with a diverse group across dispersed locations.
• Knowledge f lifecycle process for software development, web applications, and system implementation
• Working in an Agile development environment.
• Experience working within the Open Source Enterprise (OSE)
• Ability to convey technical information to non-technical individuals
• Ability to work in dynamic and challenging environments
• Strong oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
• Complex problem solving skills
• Engineering experience on programs using Amazon Web Services (AWS) or other cloud services
• Experience with software testing frameworks (similar to Selenium or JUnit)
• Agile workload management and bug tracking (similar to Jira)
• Prior application development experience (e.g., Python, NodeJS)
• Organizing/supporting user acceptance testing (UAT) prior to Production deployment
• Continuous Integration/Continuous Delivery tools (e.g., AWS CodePipeline, Jenkins)
• Container services/products similar to Docker, Kubernetes, Amazon Elastic Container Service (Amazon ECS), Amazon ECS for Kubernetes (Amazon EKS), OpenShift
• Infrastructure as code (IaC) (e.g., AWS CloudFormation, Terraform, Chef, Puppet)
• Code quality scans (e.g., SonarQube)
Leidos is a Fortune 500® information technology, engineering, and science solutions and services leader working to solve the world's toughest challenges in the defense, intelligence, homeland security, civil, and health markets. The company's 33,000 employees support vital missions for government and commercial customers. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, Leidos reported annual revenues of approximately $10.19 billion for the fiscal year ended December 28, 2018. For more information, visit www.Leidos.com.
Pay and benefits are fundamental to any career decision. That's why we craft compensation packages that reflect the importance of the work we do for our customers. Employment benefits include competitive compensation, Health and Wellness programs, Income Protection, Paid Leave and Retirement. More details are available here.
Leidos will never ask you to provide payment-related information at any part of the employment application process. And Leidos will communicate with you only through emails that are sent from a Leidos.com email address. If you receive an email purporting to be from Leidos that asks for payment-related information or any other personal information, please report the email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, race, ethnicity, age, national origin, citizenship, religion, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, pregnancy, family structure, marital status, ancestry, domestic partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran or military status, or any other basis prohibited by law. Leidos will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with relevant laws.