Legacy Home Care, Inc. is seeking a motivated individual to join our administrative team! The main function of the Manager of Employee Education and Development is the hiring and education of Direct Care Workers. While this role requires a relationship with each consumer and familiarity with their care, an emphasis must be placed on building and maintaining excellent relationships with each employee.
Legacy Home Care’s Core Values are:
- Integrity – Consistently act in an honest and ethical manner
- Accountability – Be willing to accept responsibility for your actions
- Commitment– Persistently and enthusiastically perform your job duties
- Adaptability – Show your ability to listen, learn, grow and change
- Respect - Acknowledge that each individual is important and treat all with dignity and kindness
Legacy Home Care strives to maintain an environment that encourages new ideas, fosters open and honest communication, and promotes the wellbeing of both their consumers and employees. A qualified candidate will bring to the table a positive, uplifting attitude and a strong desire to contribute to our mission to be a model of true culture change in home and community-based care.
Candidates should possess the following qualifications:
- Well developed oral and written communication skills.
- Experience with various personal care and home support tasks (bathing, dressing, transferring, housekeeping, etc.), and the ability to teach these skills to others.
- Ability to effectively coach employees to improve attitudes, behaviors, and job performance.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing priorities.
- Ability to work co-operatively with the rest of the administrative team.
- Strong computer skills and ability to quickly learn to use new software and platforms.
Primary Job duties:
- Create and manage job postings for open positions.
- Interview and hire qualified Direct Care Workers.
- Conduct new hire orientation.
- Maintain employee files.
- Conduct annual training and participate in annual employee evaluations.
- Provide and document employee training and coaching.
- Be on call every other week.
- Conduct consumer visits to ensure familiarity with each consumer and his/her care plan.
Benefits and Compensation:
- Competitive salary
- 2 weeks of vacation time each year
- AFLAC policy options at group rates
- Schedule flexibility
Posting ID: 568482730Posted: 2020-10-23