Join the team at Eastside Food Co-op in the Heart of Northeast Minneapolis!
We're looking for team members who are visionary, hard-working and committed to community building!
Now Hiring Front End Shift Lead
Supervise cashiers and customer service staff to ensure the highest quality teamwork and communication. Work alongside Front End management, other department staff, and the shift lead team to ensure prompt, accurate, friendly, and helpful customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervise cashiers and customer service staff in coordination with Front End managers.
- Assign off-register tasks and daily chores to cashiers and customer service staff.
- Assist cashiers and customer service staff as needed with customer concerns and complaints, register and equipment malfunctions, transaction questions, scanning issues, and returns.
- Assist Front End managers in informing staff of all changes in store policies and procedures which affect the department.
- Offer Front End support (breaks, rushes, security, etc.). Cashier and assist customer service desk as needed.
- Make judgment calls regarding Front End issues (check-cashing, discount use, etc.).
- Follow established opening and closing procedures to ensure smooth daily operations.
- Perform responsibilities as a deposit clerk and maintain the safe count.
- Maintain good communication through logbooks and huddles as well as provide appropriate feedback to staff.
- Provide coaching and guidance to Front End staff to encourage positive work practices and appropriate behavior.
- Communicate all problems concerning customers, equipment, and personnel to Front End managers.
- Use troubleshooting materials and work with the IT department on cash register and other equipment malfunctions.
- Work with the Scanning department to ensure that products, sales, and other information are correctly entered in SMS.
- Work with managers on duty to identify shoplifters, banned individuals, and persons of interest.
- Proactively watch for potential security problems in the store, parking lot and surrounding area.
- Notify Facilities manager or manager on duty, as appropriate, of concerns about building and property maintenance (snow removal, pest control, lighting, refrigeration, etc.).
- Serve as an example of excellence to both cashiers and customer service staff.
- Perform other tasks as assigned by the Front End managers.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to effectively supervise a diverse staff.
- Ability to project a mature, friendly, and outgoing image, especially when handling difficult situations.
- Basic reading, organization, math, problem solving, and computer skills.
- Ability to use word processing, spreadsheet, internet, and email applications on a computer.
- Reasoning ability.
- Attention to detail.
- Accuracy with cash handling and point of sales systems.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple demands, manage difficult situations, and follow through on commitments.
- Availability to work at least one weekend shift per week.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Cashiering experience. Eastside Food Cooperative cashiering experience preferred.
- Natural and organic food knowledge preferred.
- Ability to accurately read, count, and write.
- Ability to freely access all areas of the store.
- Ability to move, lift, or handle merchandise throughout the store, weighing up to 50 LBS.
- Prolonged walking, standing, bending, stooping, squatting, and reaching.
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions, experience, educational factores, and the requirements and conditions listed in this job description are representative only and not exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to perform. Eastside Food Co-op reserves the right to revise this job description at any time and to require employees to perform other tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive considerations, or the work environment change.Job Posted by ApplicantPro
Posting ID: 558854921Posted: 2020-06-04