Job Duties/Scope Of Work
The Industrial Hygienist will perform all work safely and in compliance with environmental obligations using the core functions and core elements of the Integrated Safety Management System/Environmental Management System (ISMS/EMS). This is a field position and will be assigned full time to support the MSA ESH&Q organization. Safety and Health deliverables include:
• Be a resource to the supervisors and employees to ensure everyone goes home injury free.
• Provide good customer service and be imbedded into each organization assigned to.
• Provide technical support in the identification, evaluation, and control of occupational safety and health hazards.
• Develop and assist line management and the safety committee in the effective implementation and compliance of the safety and health programs and procedures.
• Perform Industrial Hygiene Baseline Hazard Assessments (exposure assessment evaluations) for all work groups.
• Perform employee exposure monitoring.
• Perform chemical procurement assessments.
• Perform pre-job safety and health planning using the hazard analysis process.
• Participate in safety meetings.
• Provide safety and health training for all employees to supplement required core training provided at the HAMMER training center.
• Assist employees and supervisors in the resolution of employee concerns.
• Assist management in the performance of work site safety and health inspections and correcting unsafe acts and conditions.
• Assist Management in the performance of accident investigations, root cause analysis and case management in accordance with 29 CFR 1904.
• Perform Interpretative Authority responsibilities for site procedures.
• Participate in the performance of the annual Voluntary Protection Program Self-Assessment.
• Develop Lessons Learned and Just In Time notices for distribution throughout the Hanford Site.
• Review and approve project level safety and health procedures.
• Assist management in the development and maintenance of Employee Job Task Analysis (EJTA) to ensure employees are enrolled in the appropriate medical surveillance program.
• Perform ergonomic assessments.
• Support Focus Teams appointed to reduce and or eliminate injury trends or recognized hazards.
• Support site wide safety programs and committees (Beryllium, Confined Space, etc.).
• Assess workplace hazards and recommends controls to perform the work safely.
• Work collaboratively as a team with line management and the workforce to implement the ISMS description.
• Work collaboratively as a team to assist line management to prepare work control documents.
• Must meet beryllium worker requirements (medically cleared and qualified).
• Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Science or equivalent combination of education and/or experience, and a minimum of 7 years related Industrial Hygiene work experience.
• Experience in maintenance, public utilities, and construction preferred.
• Certified Industrial Hygienist designation.
MSA is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Females/Minorities/Veterans/Disabled. VEVRAA Federal Contractor.
Posting ID: 568022688Posted: 2020-08-14