Assesses, plans, delegates and coordinates the nursing care for assigned patients throughout the scheduled shift according to the plan of care and in collaboration with other members of the health care team.
- Identifies both actual and potential needs/problems through nursing assessment to facilitate an organized and prioritized plan of care.
- Supervises and makes patient care assignments and other unit duties to other members (LPN, Nursing Assistants, UC) of the nursing team. Assignments are based on acuity and staff proficiency.
- Recognizes and responds to emergency situations and life threatening situations appropriately.
- Documents assessment, plan of care, interventions and educational needs of each patient, as well as, documenting the patient/family response to interventions.
- Delivers patient care activities according to standards of Care and Practice.
- Administration of medications and treatments, i.e., initiation and maintenance of IV meds, blood and blood products, hyper-alimentation, epidural analgesia, patient controlled analgesia and chemotherapy.
- Maintains a safe patient and working environment by adhering to infection control and safety policies and procedures.
- Receives physician orders, documents, follows up and evaluates patients' outcomes. Assures that orders are carried out properly per policy.
Position Requirements: Current Virginia License at time of hire date.Experience/Education:
No previous clinically related nursing experience required. The employee will complete a general orientation program of sufficient duration and content to prepare them for specific duties in the hospital within thirty (30) days of hire date. Unit specific orientation is completed on the nursing unit. Charge Nurse experience preferred.Special Qualifications:
Must meet and maintain proficiency requirements of the unit including CPR certification, and successful completion of the unit specific proficiencies annually.
Posting ID: 589413988Posted: 2020-11-25