SUMMARY: Performs all aspects of retail sales including but not limited to greeting and welcoming customers, suggestive selling, closing the sale, and accurately completing the sale on the point-of-sale register.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assists customers in an enthusiastic and courteous manner; provides outstanding
- Advises and assists customers with their choices of product for themselves.
- Utilizes various selling techniques to increase sales.
- Accurately completes sales using POS system according to established
- Stocks and cleans the store for the best sales appearance and ease of use for
- Develops and maintains knowledge of all merchandise in selling area to
effectively assist customers with accurate information; keeps current as new
product lines are introduced.
- Assists with merchandising efforts, displays, and floor moves as needed.
- Utilizes customer-focused selling skills, add-on selling, closing skills, and other
sales generating skills.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by management.
- Any combination of education, training, or experience that provides the required
knowledge, skills, and abilities.
- Commitment to excellence and high standards
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing
priorities with enthusiasm
- Excellent customer service skills
- Creative, flexible, and innovative team player
- Ability to understand and follow written and verbal instructions.
- Professional appearance and demeanor
- Ability to effectively communicate with people at all levels and from various
- Customer Service--Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; Responds promptly to customer needs; Solicits customer feedback to improve service; Responds to requests for service and assistance; Meets commitments.
- Oral Communication--Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; Listens and gets clarification; Responds well to questions; Demonstrates group presentation skills; Participates in meetings.
- Ethics--Treats people with respect; Keeps commitments; Inspires the trust of others; Works with integrity and ethically; Upholds organizational values.
- Safety and Security--Observes safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Attendance/Punctuality--Is consistently at work and on time; Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
- Dependability--Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORK ENVIRONMENT:
- Continually required to stand
- Continually required to walk
- Continually required to utilize hand and finger dexterity
- Frequently required to bend, stoop or kneel
- Continually required to talk or hear
- Continually utilize visual acuity to operate equipment, and/or use a keyboard
- Occasionally required to lift/push/carry items up to 50 pounds
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or physical requirements. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Posting ID: 600820418Posted: 2021-01-21