Field Service Technician to provide on-site service and installation support for AMF equipment and serve as a key point of contact in building customer relationships. This position will also have an opportunity to service AMF Bakery Systems customers based in the USA.
Ideal candidate will have electrical, controls and mechanical experience.
- Supervise mechanical and electrical installation of equipment;
- Service and maintenance of existing AMF equipment;
- Ensure basic training of customer personnel in Maintenance, Sanitation & Operation of AMF equipment;
- Review spare parts needs for customers, interface with Inside Sales Rep's to coordinate customer needs in parts;
- Act as a technical resource for the customer to operate AMF equipment at maximum potential;
- Identify and communicate new equipment opportunities to the outside sales force;
- Phone troubleshooting for customer breakdowns;
- Conduct occasional trips to AMF and AMF locations to participate in equipment review, final assembly and checkout;
- Create weekly activity reports, detailed technical reports from each customer site visit and weekly expense reports;
- Provide feedback to engineering for technical problem solving
- Promote parts, kits and service for all AMF installed equipment.
- Three (3) years field service experience in food/beverage/ bakery or packaging industry
- Five (5) years electrical and mechanical experience in a high-speed bakery or other automated process equipment environment
- 75% travel required in North America and international
- Operating understanding of various types of Variable Speed Drives, Sensors, Conveyors, PLC's, OIT's, etc.
- Background in Rockwell Product line SLC-500, Panel View Logix 5000, Panel View Plus and associated communication software.
- Programming capabilities are required, ability to understand the programmable logic control process and make changes as directed.
- Proficiency and trouble shooting ability in power transmission parts (bearings, motors, reducers, belts, pulleys), pneumatics (air cylinders, valves), hydraulics and electrical circuits.
- Basic machine shop and fabricating skills to make modifications to parts in the field, cut & drill various materials, dismantle, repair and re-assemble mechanical devices
- Proper written and verbal communication skills to interact professionally with engineering, sales force and customers
- Extensive travel on a weekly basis
- In general, trips will average 5 to 6 days however some installations may require technicians to be away for 2 to 3 weeks at a time.
- Every effort is made to allow technicians to come home for a short break if installations go beyond 2 weeks. Distance and practicality of travel may impact this joint decision.
- Typical days at customer sites will last from 8 to 12 hours with occasional 24 hours' day/ night shift patterns
- Commercial Wholesale bakeries can be loud, hot and stressful at times
- Personal tools and diagnostic equipment required
What We Offer:
- Attractive compensation package
- Quarterly bonuses
- Profit sharing
- Health and wellness benefits
- Vacation and sick time
- Ability to purchase up to 5 days of vacation
- Tuition reimbursement program
Posting ID: 609169166Posted: 2021-03-04