This position is for Norfolk, VA
Microsoft is on a mission to empower every person and every organization on the planet to achieve more. Our culture is centered on embracing a growth mindset, a theme of inspiring excellence, and encouraging teams and leaders to bring their best each day. Growth mindset encourages each of us to lean in and learn what matters most to our customers, to create the foundational knowledge that enables us to make customer-first decisions in everything we do. In doing so, we create life-changing innovations that impact billions of lives around the world. You can help us achieve our mission. Microsoft Federal Microsoft Federal delivers a single unified organization centered around our customer:
All critical customer functions are brought under the same organizational umbrella. Bringing together the breadth and depth in our space with a razor sharp focus on serving the U.S. Government. Our federal customers' expectations of how to contract, interact, and partner with us are changing, and they need to evolve at the pace of the private sector. Launching a nimble, empowered organization with comprehensive resources allows us to work hand in hand with our customers to accelerate their technology innovation, whether through R&D or through direct contracting.
Microsoft Federal serves the U.S. Government (USG), allowing Microsoft to support the growing government business. The organization supports the capabilities and requirements to service USG through direct sales, contracting, and billing with the USG. Microsoft Federal entity will meet obligations of manage contracts with the USG through six business teams and three enablement teams.
We are committed to empowering our teams
, building upon our strategic investments, and delivering the technology to achieve federal missions. As our federal customers pursue their work, from defending the nation, to serving its citizens in challenging times, they look to Microsoft to help them innovate, and they expect end-to-end engagement tailored to their needs.
Microsoft has been committed to and continues to heavily invest in supporting our Federal Government. Microsoft Federal offers our full spectrum of products and services, including hardware, software, online products, and consulting and services. Join us and be one who helps to empower the US government! That's incredible reach. When you combine that with your own inspiration, plus the freedom and support to make your ideas happen, you can make a huge impact.
Do you love to solve problems and help customers to achieve their business goals? If so, this is a phenomenal opportunity for you. You will be working with customers, partners and other Microsoft team members in designing, building, implementing, and optimizing large enterprise solutions/environments, helping to lead them to success in partnership with Microsoft Services. Microsoft Services helps our government customers realize their full potential through accelerated adoption and productive use of Microsoft technologies. We are a team of exceptional people who deliver best-in-class services with partners while earning customer confidence and trust. We are dedicated to improving the overall customer experience, serving as the customer advocates within Microsoft and driving customer-centric product improvement.
As a Microsoft Consultant, you will deliver quality engagements with your expertise, either as an advisor, workshop, troubleshooting, assessment, reviewer or resource in high profile projects to ensure customer value. The ideal candidate must have the ability to combine their technical skills, creativity and customer focus to deliver great solutions to the customers and ensure they get the best out of our technologies and solutions. Person in this position should be able to focus on deep experience with technologies.
- We are seeking a Consultant who specializes in Office 365 Identity and Security
- Engage in senior level business and/or technology decision maker discussions related to project objectives, business process, requirements and provide perspective on recommended technical approach (Senior Con)
- Develop and understanding of customer business requirements and project objectives; Design and deliver technical solutions to meet business requirements.
- Ensure solutions align with the intent of the architecture allowing for clear build test specifications and development of operations guides for the customer. Ensure developed solutions use Microsoft standards
- Develop integration tests & other gate criteria that align with business requirements & project plan while using Microsoft standards to ensure a stable solution, predictable support
- Provide stakeholder assistance throughout deployment to avoid/resolve technical issues. Review engagement to identify shared areas of improvement & communicate to customer
- A minimum of 3+ years of experience with designing, documenting and implementing Active Directory for customer environments, including consolidation and migrations.
- Experience planning and implementing an Organizational Unit (OU) structure, as well as corresponding Group Policy configuration.
- Experience with ADFS and other Federation technologies.
- Strong problem solving & troubleshooting skills.
- Experience with Azure Active Directory, O365 and Synchronization of entities between On-Premise and Cloud Directories.
- Familiarity with one or more of the following:
- OpenID Connect
- Claims and Claims language
- Conditional Access
- Application Proxy
- Multifactor Authentication (MFA)
* 3+ years of experience supporting enterprise IT environments
* Technical familiarity with implementing and supporting Cloud Technologies
* Experience implementing and supporting Windows Server 2012 and higher to include Windows 10 Recommended/preferred qualifications:
Any of the following certifications:
- Basic understanding of Microsoft Identity Manager (MIM)
- Excellent interpersonal, verbal and written communications, analytical and presentation skills.
- Ability to deliver presentations and discuss complimentary products at a solutions level.
- Ability to handle customer critical issues and work in difficult situations
- Effective written and verbal communication skills, with both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability to evaluate end-user business requirements, translate them into technical specifications, and then develop and implement the appropriate technical solutions
- 70-533: Implementing Microsoft Azure Infrastructure Solutions
- 70-534/535: Architecting Microsoft Azure Solutions
- 70-742: Identity with Windows Server 2016
- AZ-900: Microsoft Azure Fundamentals
- AZ-103: Microsoft Azure Administrator
- AZ-300: Microsoft Azure Architect Technologies
- AZ-301: Microsoft Azure Architect Design
Bachelor's degree preferably in Computer Science or Information Systems. Will consider related field (or equivalent) experience Travel:
Travel is an integral part of this position. You should be willing to travel as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. This position requires approximately 25% overnight travel if you reside or are willing to relocate within commuting distance to the work. This position may require up to 75% overnight travel if you are not within commuting distance to the work.
The successful candidate must be a U.S. Citizen. Citizenship Verification: This position requires verification of US Citizenship to meet federal government security requirements.
The successful candidate must have an active U.S. Government Top Secret Security Clearance. Ability to meet Microsoft, customer and/or government security screening requirements are required for this role. Failure to maintain or obtain the appropriate clearance and/or customer screening requirements may result in employment action up to and including termination.
Clearance Verification: This position requires successful verification of the stated security clearance to meet federal government customer requirements. You will be asked to provide clearance verification information prior to an offer of employment.
Cloud Screening: Candidates must be able to successfully complete and pass a Microsoft Cloud background screening. Required Cloud Screenings will be administered on a recurring bi-annual basis.
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request via the Accommodation request form.
Benefits/perks listed below may vary depending on the nature of your employment with Microsoft and the country where you work.