JOB TITLE: Medical Assistant Instructor
Vandelay Education is seeking energetic and professional medical professionals with a passion for training the next generation. Instructor positions are PART-TIME with classes held on Saturdays from 7:00 AM to 6 PM.
MINIMUM STATE REQUIREMENTS:
- A high school diploma or GED
- 5+ YEARS (including months) as a medical assistant or related experience
- Current experience in MEDICAL ASSISTANT skills and procedures
- CMA, RMA, CCMA credentials a PLUS!
- Current CPR/BLS certification preferred
Our intense, 24-week program is designed to provide accessible, hands-on education to students from all walks of life. Classes take place directly in a medical practice rather than in a traditional classroom -- allowing students to learn in the very same environment they will eventually work in.
TOPICS OF INSTRUCTION:
- Medical Law and Ethics
- Anatomy and Physiology
- Patient Communication
- Injections and Phlebotomy
- Medical Terminology
- CLIA –Waived Labs
- Electronic Medical Records
Instructors are expected to use their field experience and training to teach our students the skills they need to succeed as entry-level medical assistants. Instructors are also expected to participate in two open houses per month to help assist in increasing enrollment for the upcoming classes. Open houses will typically be held on Saturday's after class.
- Prepare for each class by reviewing the curriculum, lab stations, and Powerpoint presentations provided.
- Deliver Powerpoint-based lectures, supplementing with real-life work experience as needed.
- Demonstrate medical skills/procedures and assist students as they practice hands-on in the lab.
- Evaluate individual/group performance and make any necessary adjustments to meet student learning needs.
- Monitor student attendance and coordinate with our Administrative Office when absences occur.
- Enforce classroom management (i.e. students are expected to be respectful, professional, and well-behaved; office workspaces and common areas are expected to be kept clean, etc.) and ensure that safety precautions are adhered to.
- Knowledge of the subjects covered in our curriculum, as well as the ability to convey them via lecture and hands-on demonstration.
- Strong communication skills.
- Basic computer skills such as emailing, printing, scanning, troubleshooting, connecting to WiFi, etc.
- A passion for helping others achieve their personal goals.
- Prior teaching or training experience
Posting ID: 562894720Posted: 2020-08-12