SAIC is looking for a Procurement Specialist
to assist on one of our Navy contracts in Ridgecrest, CA.Job Description:
- Sources, negotiates and purchases fiber optic cabling and networking fabricated parts, machinery, equipment, tools, raw material, packaging materials, parts, and/or supplies and incidental services necessary for operation of fiber optic installation services for Naval Air Warfare Center Weapons Division at NAWS China Lake.
- Compiles and analyzes statistical data to determine feasibility of buying products and to establish price objectives.
- Monitors performance of suppliers. Compiles information to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Evaluates areas of opportunity to leverage material acquisitions.
- Tracks data to keep informed on price trends and manufacturing processes.
- Negotiates with suppliers and analyzes suppliers' operations to determine factors that affect prices and to determine lowest cost consistent with quality, reliability, and ability to meet required schedules.
- Reviews proposals, negotiates prices, selects or recommends suppliers, analyzes trends, follows up orders placed, verifies delivery, approves payment, and maintains necessary records.
- Prepares request for proposals (RFP) and bid packages.
- Reviews license agreements, negotiates terms and conditions, and works with requester, legal, cyber security and privacy to reduce and mitigate risk to SAIC and our government customer.
- Bachelors and three (3) years or more of related experience; Masters and one year of related experience
- Must be a U.S. Citizen with an Active Interim Secret Clearance or Full Secret Clearance.
- Proven experience with US Navy or DoD procurement and purchasing methods, processes and systems.
- Experience in buying across various commodities (electronics, mechanical, cables, etc.).
- Demonstrated ability to resolve contractual and performance issues with suppliers.
- Knowledge of determining best sources and appropriate prices in procuring material for US Navy customers.
- Experience with specification writing and with methods analyzing supplies and materials.
- Strong knowledge of industry and market conditions.
- Exceptional negotiation and problem-solving skills.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator solving our nation's modernization and readiness challenges. Our offerings across defense, space, civilian, and intelligence markets include high-end solutions in engineering, IT, and mission outcomes. We integrate the best components from our portfolio with our partner's ecosystem to deliver innovative and effective solutions. We are 25,500 strong; driven by mission, united by purpose, and inspired by opportunities. Headquartered in Reston, VA, SAIC has annual revenues of nearly $7.1 billion. For information, visit saic.com or Working at SAIC for benefits details. SAIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer empowering people no matter their race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or veteran status. We strive to create a diverse, inclusive and respectful work culture that values all.
Posting ID: 584658246Posted: 2020-11-25