This is an opportunity to join a different type of CPA and Business Advisory Firm. Doing things differently and changing expectations about accounting.
All Associates are expected to achieve a basic understanding of enterprise information technology in a business environment (Examples: server environment, mainframes, virtualization (including risks associated with virtualization), common operating systems, and applications. An Associates primary function is to execute testing procedures and perform walk-throughs while making strong connections between guidance and a clients specific environment and industry.
- Developing professional writing skills;
- Ability to independently perform walk-throughs with clients; and
- Communicate current project status to project manager including issues and next day plan;
- Project Management
- As part of the project management process, associates are expected to understand the scope and objectives of each engagement;
- Meets time constraints and client expectations for the timing of deliverables.
- Assists in proofing work papers, reports, and other documents.
- Lockdown files without assistance (or oversee lockdown procedures);
- Performs other duties as needed in projects and as assigned by supervisory personnel.
- Gains familiarity with industry guidance such as AICPA SOC Guides, FFIEC, Intrex, COSO, SOX, and HIPAA and is comfortable contextualizing the specific guidance as applicable to a particular control;
- Actively participates in planning and scheduling client projects, when necessary.
- Develops understanding of IT general controls and audit techniques;
- Builds a functional understanding of SOC reports, particularly the difference between the auditors responsibilities for each type of SOC report and related user entity responsibilities;
- Develops understanding of the differentiation between IT responsibilities in external and internal audit procedures;
- Develops advanced proficiency in core assurance tools such as Caseware, IDEA, Excel, Smartsheet, and M-Files;
- Ability to execute testing procedures and documentation with limited supervision of senior team members.
- Demonstrates competency in technical skills, work quality, and application of professional and Firm standards.
- Resolves review notes and applies learnings to future engagements
- Cyber Development
- Associates assist in recruiting entry-level and experienced staff by serving as greeters for on-campus interviews and such other recruiting duties as needed and attend Beta Alpha Psi events, career days, and functions at colleges and universities sponsored by the Firm.
- Prepares reports and other deliverables as requested by Managers or Partners.
- Assumes individual responsibility to learn all new technology introduced by the Firm as appropriate for service/practice area.
- Performs diversified auditing and consulting assignments under the direction of Supervisor, Manager or Partner.
- Participates in Full Potential Development (Coaching) Program
Associates should have good oral and written communication skills. They must document the results of their testing, or other work procedures, in a manner that can be clearly understood by a competent auditor with no prior knowledge of the engagement. Additional skills required may include the following:
- Conflict resolution
- Attention to detail
- General IT knowledge
Posting ID: 608569350Posted: 2021-03-06