Records Management Business Unit Leader
Avenu Insights & Analytics, the leading provider in State and Local government solutions, is seeking a full time Business Unit Leader to support our Records Management Business. We are a provider of software and technology-enabled services for state and local government agencies. We work directly with city and county management, finance directors, recorders, judges, clerks and many elected and administrative officials.
As we continue to rapidly scale our business, we are looking for an entrepreneurial and driven general manager who can help lead us through the next phase of growth by owning and executing the business strategy for our Records Management business. You are the right person if you are a leader who inspires confidence across the organization, always thinks about how something can be done better, are a highly analytical problem solver, and are someone who understands how to successfully manage a P&L while effectively supporting clients. The BU Leader of Records Management will report to the Chief Operations Officer at our Centreville, VA location.
The Records Management BU Leader’s portfolio includes three key business areas: Records Management Software, Title Records and Digital Processing Services. This includes tasks such as: strategy setting, team management, product roadmap development and delivery, customer relationship building, sales support, and effective service delivery.
· Develops a deep understanding of client needs to understand how Avenu can best serve clients, including meeting with clients and prospects on a regular basis
· Creates an effective Go to Market strategy for each of the three business segments (Records Management Software, Title Records and Digital Processing Services)
· Partners with Sales and CSM leadership to ensure that client renewals, upsells and new business targets are achieved
· Fosters an organization of continuous process improvement
· Develops and clearly communicates a product strategy for sunsetting outdated products, developing next generation products and supporting clients through the upgrade process
· Identifies opportunities for new services and offerings in Title Records and works with the team to win back clients and expand revenue
· Works with the Digital Processing team to identify ways to deliver high quality services while maximizing margin and growing revenue
· Effectively manages the overall P&L including accurately forecasting revenue and expense and driving P&L accountability down to the lowest appropriate level within the team
· Identifies the KPIs required to monitor the performance of the business and works with the team to put in place an effective way to report on them on a regular basis
We are looking for an exceptional individual with a diverse background and set of experiences. One who is inspired by our mission and can lead with our core values. We are seeking a person who is ready to contribute to a fast-paced environment and fits with our hardworking success driven culture. You will be right at home if you can overcome adversity, cultivate strong relationships, push yourself, your work and the people around you to succeed to the next level.
We expect our BU Leader to:
· Set strategy and vision for Records Management offerings. You have an entrepreneurial mindset, with a desire to identify innovative strategies to retain and grow client relationships. You understand software product adoption and how to move clients through the adoption lifecycle (including sunsetting products, introducing modern products for clients to upgrade to, moving clients to cloud solutions). While setting this vision, you also have a roll up your sleeves work ethic. You are comfortable with ambiguity and rapid rates of change.
· Hire, develop, manage and retain talent. One of your greatest responsibilities and privileges will be to hire, onboard, manage and develop Avenu’s amazing people. You are able to create a team that is better than the sum of its parts and you have a distinguished track record of attracting, recruiting, retaining, and coaching world-class talent. You understand how to structure teams to optimize and drive different results (increase efficiency, expand profitability, meet quality goals, grow revenue, etc.).
· Serve as a strategic partner: Both internally and externally, you will work with others to motivate them to hit goals and implement change. With clients, you will help them to understand how Avenu products and services can enable them to meet their statutory requirements and serve their constituents. With our Sales team, you will help them to craft more comprehensive and compelling solutions for clients. With our Client Success team, you will ensure they have the messaging and materials they need to retain clients including interacting directly with clients as needed.
· Be passionate: You are passionate about helping organizations and government entities implement technology to drive change and you are excited about the opportunity within the state and local government space. You are hungry to constantly learn more about the clients that you are working with and this helps you to build strong long-term relationships with them. You leverage this passion for your work.
· 12+ years of total experience in general management, product leadership or client services & sales in a software business
· Strong commercial experience, with experience leading and driving growth and client retention in a $10M to $20M annual business
· Bachelor's degree in a technical or business discipline and progressive career experience is required. An M.B.A. is preferred.
· Experience working with state and local government clients is a plus.
· Experience with influencing senior executives as a trusted thought partner
· Strong team management and development experience, with the ability to keep teams oriented towards high-level goals
· Examples of how you’ve successfully grown a business segment directly and through cross-functional team execution
· Experience leveraging data and metrics to assess current operations and make analytical recommendations for improvement
· A drive to work hard and a roll up your sleeves style
· A results and success-oriented mentality, conveying a sense of urgency and driving issues to closure
· An ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner
· An innate drive to innovate and optimize the use of available resources
· Comfort with adapting and adjusting to multiple demands, shifting priorities and rapid change
Joining a team of industry leaders who are incredibly committed, fun, fast paced and have a nurturing collaborative environment. We have a culture of comradery, team building and a climate of support and harvest a setting of learning and self improvement. We offer a competitive compensation package along with a full benefits package including medical, dental and 401K
Avenu is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Selection for a position will be made without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, political affiliation, marital status, non-disqualifying physical handicap, and age.