Work Location: Fair Lawn, NJ
Job Title: EHS Manager
Duration: 9 Months (Temporary/Contract)
EHS Manager – Fair Lawn, NJ
Kelly Services is currently seeking a EHS Manager for one of our top clients in Fair Lawn, NJ.
Health Safety and Environmental Manager
As a leader in HSE, you will provide the leadership and administration of the overall HSE program by developing an annual plan, achieving consensus and buy-in from site leadership against the plan, and actively driving the implementation of and monitoring progress against the plan and corresponding objectives.
This position will require excellent management and leadership skills to ensure program compliance, execute strategic plans, and engage people in continuous improvement.
• Responsible for managing, coordinating and overseeing implementation of all Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) including Security Programs and processes. Ensures compliance with regulatory requirements, and Mondel?z policies and continuous improvement in key identified measures and objectives. Prepares and builds consensus annual strategic plans for plant-wide HSE initiatives.
• Reports directly to the Plant Manager and is a member of the plant’s leadership team, participating on strategic and tactical objectives for the facility.
• Leads the HSE Pillar for IL6S; responsible for ensuring capabilities, action plans, and work processes are appropriately implemented through the Pillar Team.
• Understands relevant technical requirements in HSE and ensures proper compliance and communication with relevant Company policy and regulatory standards.
• Provides HSE expertise for the plant for all new projects and management of change activities.
• Manages and leads direct reports including Safety specialist, and or Environmental Specialist, onsite Nurse, Security Lead, and other related contractor specialists.
• Manages the HSE budget to stay on track.
• Plans and requests capital and expenses for HSE to ensure execution of the HSE plan and adherence to all internal and external compliance standards.
• Ensures appropriate risk assessments are conducted and corrective actions are implemented to minimize or eliminate HSE related incidents, property loss, security breaches, and environmental loss that might cause harm to one of the company’s employees, contractors, visitors, assets or reputation.
• Ensures that the appropriate talent is in placed through training, mentoring, and succession planning and supports development and learning capabilities of plant HSE team members.
• Provides linkage to the Regional HSE Manager/Lead by actively participating and implementing Company policy, programs, initiatives, and best practices.
• Ensures the facility standards are in compliance with both Company and governmental/community regulations. This includes maintaining and continuously improving the HSE performance indicators in the HSE data system.
• Ensures a proactive Safety Committee Team.
• Supports Security Program including the ensuring Global Security standards are followed and leading the contracted Security Team.
• Manages the Workers’ Compensation Program including the temporary restricted duty program.
• Ensures training and coaching are taking place to drive a zero loss culture and to ensure HSE standards and awareness are well understood throughout the plant organization.
• BS Degree in Occupational/Industrial Health & Safety, Environmental, Engineering or other related Safety discipline. ASP, CSP preferred
• Minimum 10 years’ experience as a HSE professional with technical functional excellence in HSE, demonstrated though leadership in an industrial environment
• Demonstrated ability to build functional and plant teams and create motivational environment
• Strong ability to build relationships, good managerial courage, with appropriate priority setting and the ability to resolve conflict in progressive manner, including the ability to build relationships across the plant, the region, and also within local industry
• Strong project management and change management skills
• Experience with Integrated Lean Six Sigma and/or TPM highly preferred
• Successful candidate will have demonstrated experience with federal, state and local compliance agencies in regulatory filings such as: air emissions, waste water, storm water & chemicals, etc. Must have knowledge and understanding of OSHA, EPA and ISO certifications
• Qualification in HSE management systems and applicable local HSE legal compliance strongly preferred
• Training and qualification as on ISO 14001 and 18001 standards preferred
• Experience in a union environment strongly preferred
As a Kelly Services employee, you will have access to numerous perks, including:
Your engineering skills are in demand, but how do you find the right fit? Easy. With Kelly® Engineering, our experts connect you with leading organizations where you can learn and grow, collaborate on innovative projects, and keep your skills sharp with top technology. Whether you prefer the variety and flexibility of short-term projects, or are looking for something more long-term, we're here every step of the way to find your dream engineering job.
At Kelly, we're always thinking about what's next and advising job seekers on new ways of working to reach their full potential. In fact, we're a leading advocate for temporary/non-traditional workstyles, because we believe they allow flexibility and tremendous growth opportunities that enable a better way to work and live. Connecting great people with great companies is what we do best, and our employment opportunities span a wide variety of workstyles, skill levels, and industries around the world.
Kelly is an equal opportunity employer committed to employing a diverse workforce and providing accommodations for people with disabilities in all parts of the hiring process as required under its Employment Accommodation Policy. Kelly will work with applicants to meet accommodation needs that are made known to Kelly in advance.]]