*** The team needs to hire 3 resources: 1 will need to be bi-lingual in English & Spanish; and 2 will need to be bi-lingual in English & Portuguese.
Day-to day responsibilities
- Issuer Services Ops Tampa Hub perform the contractual obligation activities for more than 200 contracts for the following countries: Panama, Colombia, Peru and Brasil.
- Our business handles a wide variety of types of contracts. No contract is the same; all are tailor made, according to the needs of the clients.
- Each Latin America Country has their own regulations that the candidates must to understand, has a comprehensive knowledge, and be aware of each change of the regulation.
- The candidate must have good skills in learning the different systems depending on the country that will be under his/her responsibility.
- Keep in mind that the candidate will have a short learning curve, due to the complex and dynamic nature of the business. Therefore, the candidate must be aware of this challenge.
Accounting, Payments and Reconciliation
- Read, analyze, and understand the different contracts for each clients in different jurisdictions.
- According to the lecture of each contract, provide the necessary comments to the checklist provided (Transactional Checklist, Documentation Checklist, Deal Implementation checklist, Termination Checklist, and Accounting guideline).
- Input the operational activities into the Issuer Services Workstation platform according to the transactional Checklist.
- Input the evidence of each task performed into the system or Sharedrive.
- Execute the day-to-day activities according to the contractual obligations for each client, using our core system as tickler.
- Perform collateral obligations accordingly to contract rules (calculation, waterfall, notifications, etc.)
- Prepare and send (according to the A&T contract and frequency) the commission collection letters to the clients.
- Input the information of the instructions received by the client into the payment system, in order to make the distributions of funds (domestic transfers, Checks, International transfers, book to book) according to the contracts.
- Make the input of accounting entries, into the core system, according to the contract obligations.
- Record the commissions and their monthly accrual according to the Fee Schedule of each contract.
- Ensure to complete control log on a daily basis, in order to assurance that all instructions received were performed.
- On a daily basis, balance the accounts of the different A&T contracts.
- Confirmation of the balance sheet review in the E-recon system, with the supporting documentation.
- Produce local regulatory reports related to Agency & Trust business required by Regulators for Latin American Countries.
- Prepare the monthly (internal) financial statements of the trust agreements.
- Provide metrics and controls related to all activities performed as defined by bank Policies or internal decision.
- Perform the following reports for each Latin American Countries: a) Billing Report, b) Aging Report, c) Account balance reports, among others.
- On a daily basis, provide to the supervisor the activities performed during the day through the operational checklist of the area.
- Perform operational deal implementation and deal termination activities related to the Agency & Trust product in Latin America.
- Provide assistance regarding Projects related to Agency & Trust business.
- Support LATAM Agency & Trust Operational activities end - to - end, including the process of coordinating with other teams based on a different country.
- Update of procedures, instructions, manuals and checklist of the area.
- Be aware of the emails received from internal and external clients, and provide a response in a timely manner.
- Work on holidays and at different time-zones to service the respective Latin American countries.
- Support the supervisor for the collection of all the evidence for the GRC process.
- Provide support in any other activity that is assigned.
- Bachelor's /University Degree (Specialization in Economics, Finance, Business Administration, Accounting, Legal) or equivalent experience.
- Experience in Agency and Trust business in a financial institution (Capital Markets and Fiduciary Products)
- Minimum 1 Year experience in the financial service industry.
- Bi-lingual in English & Spanishfor 1 opening, and English & Portuguesefor the 2 other openings is required
- Advanced knowledge in Microsoft word, excel (macros), power point.
- Ability to work properly and effectively as a member of the Operations Team, aimed at achieving the group's objectives.
- Ability to work well under pressure, with tight deadlines and heavy workload must of the time.
- Must have excellent attention to detail and accuracy.
- Good analytical skills and positive attitude
- Excellent client relationship skills, as will be having daily interaction
- Proven interpersonal skills. Customer focused. Highly organized and proactive.
- Quick learner. Ability for a good understanding of activities, policies, procedures, regulations of different countries and concepts of the work area.
- Ability to analyze and understand legal documents.
- This position requires the use of multiples systems at the same time, in that sense the candidate must have the ability to absorb the modules and commands of the systems that will be used on a day-to-day basis.
- This position requires knowledge of the bank's policies, in order to execute the activities aligned to it. In that sense, the candidate must have the ability to fully understand the policies that govern our business, and be updated of changes in them.
Grade :All Job Level - All Job FunctionsAll Job Level - All Job Functions - US
Time Type :
Citi is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Minority/Female/Veteran/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity.
Citigroup Inc. and its subsidiaries ("Citi") invite all qualified interested applicants to apply for career opportunities. If you are a person with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation to use our search tools and/or apply for a career opportunity CLICK HERE.
To view the "EEO is the Law" poster CLICK HERE. To view the EEO is the Law Supplement CLICK HERE.
To view the EEO Policy Statement CLICK HERE.
To view the Pay Transparency Posting CLICK HERE.
Posting ID: 566501537Posted: 2020-08-04