Help at Home is currently hiring a Registered Nurse Trainer - Now offering up to $250 in hiring incentives!
Help at Home is the nation’s leading provider of high-quality support, providing a gold standard of care to seniors and people with disabilities.
We are currently offering a hiring incentive of up to $250 -- please ask for more details at your interview.
Right now, our clients need us more than ever. We are still hiring compassionate employees and we are taking every precaution to protect our communities.
We commit to being transparent and open in our hiring process to ensure your health and safety. Our clients, caregivers and employees will always be our top priority.
The main focus of this position is to provide nursing services and to meet the identified health care needs of Help at Home clients. The RNT works within the framework of the agency’s policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all applicable state, federal and local administrative rules and regulations, as well as accreditation standards concerning the health care needs of the agency’s consumers. This position reports directly to the Residential Director.
- Health care plans with expanded medical coverage to ensure no-cost testing and greater flexibility in maintaining coverage (on HAH plans only)
- Help at Home Cares Fund to provide financial support for employees in need
- Cash incentives/hiring bonuses for new employees in most locations
- Paid time off and vacation time
- Paid travel time and mileage reimbursements
- 401k retirement plan
- Industry-leading training and development opportunities
- Compassionate, professional management teams
- Evaluating outcomes and consumers’ ongoing health needs in collaboration with individual consumers and their Community Support Teams (CST)
- Working closely with team to ensure the health and safety of individuals receiving residential services and facilitating the achievement of consumers’ wellness objectives
- Monitoring the health and safety of the individuals receiving services and providing timely assessments of consumers’ health and capabilities using standardized assessment tools
- Supervising and monitoring all residential locations and assisting in the program’s QA process; implementing, monitoring and enforcing clinical quality assurance policies and procedures
- Participating in service planning meetings for consumers, providing record reviews, including review of physician’s orders, lab-reports, MARs, and other consumer-specific documents on an ongoing basis
- Assessing changes within the program or in the healthcare environment and assisting with updating existing health-related policies & procedures and/or the development of new ones, as appropriate
- Providing in-house clinical consultation on community health resources to address consumer health needs; promoting consumer wellness through teaching, coaching, counseling and providing referral services to consumers facing health challenges
- Providing training to staff in the area of Health and Safety including conducting an 8-hour medication authorization training
- Providing appropriate delegation and supervision to caregivers who perform duties such as medication administration and other nursing tasks
- Conducting ongoing staff training, as needed
- Reviewing audit findings and planning/implementing corrective actions related to program compliance with Rule 116
- Other duties and tasks as assigned by the Residential Director and State Director.
- 21 years of age or older
- Must have a current Registered Nursing license and license number
- Degree from an accredited Registered Nurse (RN) program
- Certification in CPR, OIG Rule-50 and other relevant training
- Valid driver's license and access to reliable transportation
- Must be available to be on duty or On-Call at all times
- DHS Registered Nurse Trainer (RNT) status preferred
- Two years of previous nursing experience in developmental disabilities within the last 5 years of professional nursing clinical experience is preferred
In order to be employed as a Registered Nurse Trainer, candidates must comply with state background screening requirements. Compensation, benefits, time off and bonuses vary by state and location, so please ask for complete details at your interview.
Powered by JazzHR
Posting ID: 566915092Posted: 2020-09-16