Catholic Funeral & Cemetery Services remains committed to providing an essential service to our community during the COVID-19 pandemic. We have implemented critical measures to ensure the safety of our staff and families we serve. As an essential position, a newly hired Sales Professional (Family Service Advisor) will begin training immediately upon hire.
The Family Environment Specialist is responsible for performing a variety of tasks for cemetery and grounds operations. For example, preparing a plot for a committal or setting and installing a memorial at a property site. The Family Environment Specialist performs other general maintenance duties as directed by the ground’s foreman.
Family Environment Specialists will demonstrate by example, CFCS’ Core Values–Share the Journey, Serve with Care, and Make It Happen–in all their dealings with families, staff, and internal/external contacts.
Reporting to the Family Environment Specialist Supervisor (Operations Manager, if applicable), the Family Environment Specialist interacts with Family Service Directors, Family Service Advisors, Memorialization Coordinators, and other location personnel/departments as needed.
Education & Experience
• Able to perform math calculations and measurements
• High School diploma/GED or vocational degree preferred; or,• 3-5 years working as a ground’s keeper or landscaper
• 2-4 years of operating heavy equipment and using power and hand tools
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Knowledge of the Catholic faith, rituals, and traditions
• Understanding of the Order of Christian Funerals
• Able to conduct oneself with a “Family First” approach
• Able to work with others as part of a team and displaying a good attitude
• Safety-oriented and use of PPE, equipment safe guards, and safe practices
• Follow equipment cleaning and vehicle maintenance service protocols
• General ground and facility maintenance knowledge and skills
• Knowledge and ability of use of a variety of standard tools
• Knowledge of cemetery operations and maintenance
• Possess Basic computer skills
Licenses & Certifications
Valid state issued driver’s license, good driving record, and proof of insurance is required
• Lift or carry objects weighing between 100-150 lbs.
• Push or pull up to 300 lbs. with a wheeled cart
• Ability to work outdoors in all types of weather conditions
Powered by JazzHR