Title: Maintenance Technician
Job Location/ Department: Residential Properties Rochester, NY
Reporting Relationship: Reports to Maintenance Supervisor or Community Manager and/or District Manager
Salary Range: $14-$17 per hour, based on experience
Maintain the physical condition of the property according to company operating and safety standards by performing repairs, installations, preventative maintenance, and apartment make ready activities. Apply in-depth knowledge and physical ability to perform all required maintenance as an effective team member.
Duties and Responsibilities:
· Ensure timely and effective completion of work including routine resident service requests, preventative maintenance, emergency maintenance, capital improvement and replacements, tool and equipment maintenance, and seasonal maintenance.
· Perform required maintenance and/or repairs to building systems and apartments (plumbing, carpentry, electrical, appliances, painting/drywall, HVAC, fire and security systems, elevators, as applicable.
· Operate standard maintenance equipment, power tools, and hand tools; detect and report malfunctioning tools or equipment to Maintenance Supervisor.
· Interpret and perform service order tasks; document daily maintenance activity including problems encountered and work completed, and submit all required documentation or copies to Maintenance Supervisor.
· Perform work necessary to prepare apartments for move in of new tenants; communicate status of turnover work to Maintenance Supervisor and update vacancy status.
· Perform move in, move out, renewal, and annual inspections to check for safety issues, damages, and maintenance needs, and thoroughly document all results; communicate all indicated repairs or replacements or any necessary follow up to Maintenance Supervisor.
· Perform grounds maintenance, including snow removal and operating all related equipment.
· On-call duties as assigned.
· Maintain maintenance storage spaces, work areas, and own work station in a clean, neat, and safe manner.
· Report problems or unusual situations to the Community Manager/Maintenance Supervisor.
· Complete all information required on daily service request forms to ensure data is accurate and updated.
· Follow guidelines for the proper use of all safety gear and basic first aid; remain in compliance with safety policies and procedures.
· Follow all company rules, regulations, policies, and procedures as set forth in training sessions, manuals, memos, and other means of communication.
· Attend scheduled meetings including site staff meetings, corporate management meetings, or other meetings as required.
· Be observant for and resolve or report any problem which could be a hazard or potentially dangerous for residents, staff, guests, and the public including the condition of fencing, lighting, trip hazards, and security.
· Follow rules and regulations as appropriate to Fair Housing laws and ensure consistent treatment of all residents.
· Maintain a professional work atmosphere at all times to ensure all residents and prospective residents feel welcome.
· Maintain a positive customer service attitude; be professional, pleasant, and responsive to residents, prospective residents, vendors, and contractors.
Conduct all business in accordance with regulations of federal and state supervisory agencies, Fair Housing, Americans with Disabilities Act, OSHA, federal, state, local, and all other laws pertaining to multifamily housing.
Perform other duties as assigned.
Minimum Educational Requirements: High School Diploma or equivalent.
Minimum Experiential Requirements:
· 2+ years multifamily or construction site management.
· Prior experience related to carpentry, plumbing, electrical, appliance, HVAC, and building systems.
Special Skills/ Work Conditions Required:
· Must have excellent communication, interpersonal, customer service, organizational and time management skills.
· Must be able to communicate in English with residents, emergency providers and outside contractors.
· Must have a mechanical aptitude; skillful use of equipment and tools, and have physical and manual dexterity skills.
· Required use of a company cell phone while on call.
· Must be able to manage a flexible schedule including overtime and be on-call as assigned.
· Must be able to walk, move and transport up to 100 lb. loads, bend, stoop, climb stairs, access and work in confined spaces as well as at heights in excess of 20 feet and have the mobility required to use ladders.