Job Title: Field Test Validation Team (FTV) Technician
Location: Rochester, NY (14606)
Duration: 6+months contract
As a member of the Field Test Validation Team (FTV), primary responsibilities will include field and lab testing of software and hardware related to the company Falcon family of radios. The candidate will be part of a team which provides a user oriented focus, and validation of over-the-air (OTA) performance of sophisticated radio equipment for military and professional use.
Candidate will have responsibilities consisting of (but not limited to):
• Testing of company products and systems in customer scenarios with an end-user focus.
• Contributing to test plans and procedures.
• Set up, configuration, and operation of sophisticated data and voice communication equipment.
• Generating trouble reports (TRs) to communicate issues found and characterize repeatability.
• Working with development engineers to suggest and support TR resolutions.
• Refining team procedures, practices, and collection and reporting of performance data to ensure continuous improvement in the execution of tests.
• May also include occasionally supporting new business pursuit activities including demos, proposals, generation of applications info (e.g. diagrams, write-ups, etc.), and/or occasional travel and/or customer interaction to support these activities.
Candidates should be aware that additional requirements associated with conducting on-air testing of tactical radios also may apply. These include working outside in virtually all weather conditions applicable to the Rochester, NY area and other physical requirements such as occasional lifting and installing of equipment and working in and around vehicles.
Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is proud to provide an equal opportunity workplace and be an affirmative action employer. Consider Butler because we are committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We recognize that we thrive on diversity for the benefit of our employees, our customers, and the communities where we are located. Employment with Butler America Aerospace, LLC. is governed on the basis of qualifications and competence without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, ethnicity, veteran status, disability status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, mental or physical disability or any other legally protected status.
Posting ID: 569556223Posted: 2020-09-18