Now is an exciting time to join our Laboratory Products business, a team dedicated to science and innovation. With the largest investment in R&D in the industry, Thermo Fisher provides you with the opportunity to work with multiple product lines and various solutions and workflows that impact people lives across the globe. We help our customers solve the world's toughest challenges, including the fight against COVID-19. If you believe in working the right way for the right reason and we do too, together we will innovate ways to develop industry leading products.
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you will do important work, and you will be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you will find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
12 Hour Day Shift - Fairport, NY
How will you make an impact?
Under minimal direction of the Shift Supervisor this position is responsible for installing, removing, and making adjustments for molds and related auxiliary equipment and components from the molding press as well as preparation of setup for appropriate machines as defined. Will support the internal development and training of other setups. Able to perform setups for all machines/equipment in an assigned area and drive continuous improvement. Work closely with engineering when running trials and implementing process improvements.
What will you do?
How will you get here?
- Observes safety rules for self and others and ensures that all safety guards and devices are in place and in good condition.
- Self-directed - focus on execution of daily/weekly production schedule and driving improvements
- Support and participate to drive continuous improvement and work toward achieving department goals
- Mentor and train other setups in supporting internal development
- Responsible to install and setup all machines/equipment per the assigned area
- Responsible for proper care of molds and machines and inspects molds during and after installation.
- Responsible for following the die traveler system.
- Positions assembled molds in press and removes molds and secondary equipment after run.
- Monitors machine cycle times and assure they are at or below standard cycle.
- Responsible for correcting and/or reporting out of standard performance
- Responsible for machine adjustments per approved set-up sheets, following all pertinent quality work instructions (QWI's). Fills in monitored set-up sheets and writes necessary MCP's.
- Responsible for checking periodically for maintenance/tool room problems on machines and write work orders as necessary.
- Responsible for notifying supervisor when assistance from external department is needed.
- Identifies different resins used and assures that appropriate resin is used for a job.
- Responsible for machine and mold safety.
- Responsible for maintaining a clean and orderly department.
- Attend and participate in daily communication meetings as assigned
- Completion of RJG training as required
- Utilize PPI methodology during problem solving activities
- Run engineering trials and assigned engineering tasks
- Minimum High School Diploma (or GED/HSE).
- Technical degree preferred
- Must have 1-3 years' setup experience
- Sound reading, math, and communication skills required
- Demonstrated mechanical aptitude
- Molding equipment experience preferred (Extrusion Blow Molding or Injection Molding)
- Computer literate, basic Microsoft Office skills
- Ability to read print drawings and blueprints
- Use of calipers and Magna-Mik
- Must be able to lift up to 50 pounds
What Thermo Fisher Offers to Employees:
- Strong communication skills
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits effective on first day of employment
- Paid Time Off - Eligible to accrue up to 120 hours of Paid Time Off (PTO), pro-rated based on start date
- Paid Holidays
- 401(K) Retirement Plan - Company Matching Contribution up to 6%
- Shift Premium for night shift employees
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. (NYSE: TMO) is the world leader in serving science, with revenues of more than $22 billion and approximately 75,000 employees globally. Thermo Fisher Scientific's Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer, and the global coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak is a powerful reminder of the importance of that Mission. In fact, Thermo Fisher is at the forefront of the global response to COVID-19. We are working with governments, agencies, industry partners and researchers globally to ensure priority access to instruments, consumables, safety supplies and other products to address the outbreak. Our efforts have been particularly focused in supporting analysis of the virus, diagnosis, personal protection, and ultimately helping in the development of new therapeutics and vaccines.
Posting ID: 599431586Posted: 2021-01-14