Repairing and maintaining machinery and mechanical equipment such as motors, pneumatics, tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
• Repairing and reconditioning hydraulic/pneumatic systems (airlines, solenoids).
• Maintaining, repairing and modifying extruders, pullers, calibration tables, saws, and refrigeration equipment.
• Repairing and maintaining plant water systems.
• Replacing and repairing electrical equipment/components.
• Repairing and maintaining material systems.
• Fabricating and welding parts for repairs, retrofits and modifications.
• Install plumbing, air and electrical utilities necessary for machine operation.
• Ensuring machine properly functions (voltage, proper operation).
• Observing mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
• Dismantling devices to gain access to and remove defective parts.
• Examining form and texture of parts to detect imperfections.
• Inspecting used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements.
• Adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments.
• Repairing or replaces defective parts. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices. Lubricates and cleans parts.
• Starting devices to test their performance.
• Setting up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
• Initiating purchase order for parts and machines. Repairs electrical equipment.
Shift start: 10:30PM
Shift length: 8 hours
Monday - Friday
Quanex Building Products Corporation, together with its subsidiaries, provides components for the fenestration industry worldwide. It operates through three segments: North American Engineered Components, European Engineered Components, and North American Cabinet Components. The company offers flexible insulating glass spacers; extruded vinyl profiles; window and door screens; cabinet doors and other components for original equipment manufacturers (OEMs) in the kitchen and bathroom cabinet industry; and precision-formed metal and wood products, as well as solar panel sealants, trim moldings, vinyl decking and fencing products, water retention barriers, and conservatory roof components.