Rust-Oleum Corporation is a worldwide leader in protective paints and coatings for both home and industry. We offer a wide product range including decorative fashion paints, durable industrial roof repair coatings and, of course, the famous rust-fighting formula that started it all.
The primary result expected from the Batchmaker is to produce paint and related products by setting up, operating, or tending machines to mix or blend materials, such as chemicals, liquids, color pigments, explosive ingredients, or rust-proofing materials.
- Stages and charges necessary raw materials into process flow tanks. Follows batch work instructions in order to manufacture quality products.
- Prepares disperser and letdown tank for production, including any necessary equipment clean up.
- Monitors and controls high speed disperser, mixer, pumps, flow meters and other instruments in order to make sure that a batch is produced according to work instructions.
- Adjust a batch, under QC guidance, until it is approved.
- Get batch tickets from floor supervisor and discuss with floor supervisor the best order. Determine raw materials needed.
- Housekeeping - Cleanup work area to 5S standards, takes out trash, participate in cycle count and inventory program.
- May assist in other departments such as filling, and material handling or help make sample batches
- Ensure work area is safe, clean and free of recognizable hazards, communicating all spills or other hazards to the shift supervisor
- Responsible for Dust collector clean outs when required.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- One year of production experience
- Able to read batch tickets and prepare labels for products; basic math
- Able to operate high speed dispersers and other operating equipment
- Ability to lift 50-100 pounds, read digital scales and flow meters
- Experienced forklift operator
3 to 5 years batch making experience. Working with chemicals 1 to 3, understanding of QA processes- 1 to 3 years
Posting ID: 580023466Posted: 2020-10-15