The Director of Finance supports the financial initiatives of the hospital through leading, supporting, and/or collaborating with the following: facility-wide leader financial education, financial pro formas, long-term projections, business plans, variance reporting, financial analysis, monthly financial close processes, and the annual budget.
Reports to: Shady Grove Medical Center - Chief Financial Officer
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Implement financial analysis to evaluate hospital and/or department performance, new business ventures, expanded services, understand revenue and expenses, and other adhoc requests.
- Perform facility-wide l eader financial education to assist leaders in understanding routine financial reports, including monthly financial statements and FTE/productivity information.
- Create and prepare the hospital annual budget for the upcoming year for revenue, expense and productivity.
- Participate in the monthly close review of financial statements, proposed adjustments, and performance to assist in developing accurate financial statements each month.
- Develop financial pro formas to evaluate new business ventures, expanded services or service line development.
- Collaborate with other finance leaders in Adventist HealthCare to achieve the financial and strategic goals of the hospital and overall organization.
- Skilled at understanding and preparing financial analysis, financial reporting, accounting and finance processes, and long-term strategic planning
- Strong, clear communicator - verbal, writing, and reading
- Disciplined in self-management
- Strong interpersonal skills
- High level of integrity
- Collaborative leader
Tobacco and Drug Statement
- Education - Bachelor's required, Master's preferred in Finance or Healthcare-related field
- Experience - 8-10 years in financial analytics or accounting
- Supervisory/Management Experience - 3-5 years
- Certification/Licensure - CHFP or CPA preferred
Tobacco use is a well-recognized preventable cause of death in the United States and an important public health issue. In order to promote and maintain a healthy work environment, Adventist HealthCare will not hire applicants for employment who either state that they are nicotine users or who test positive for nicotine and drug use.
While some jurisdictions, including Maryland, permit the use of marijuana for medical purposes, marijuana continues to be classified as an illegal drug under the federal Controlled Substances Act. As a result, medical marijuana use will not be accepted as a valid explanation for a positive drug test result.
Adventist HealthCare will withdraw offers of employment to applicants who test positive for Cotinine (nicotine) and marijuana. Those testing positive are given the opportunity to re-apply in 90 days, if they can truthfully attest that they have not used any nicotine products in the past ninety (90) days and successfully pass follow-up testing.Equal Employment Opportunity
Adventist HealthCare is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.