The Advanced Lab Technician accountability is based on part or all the following functions as required by the business:
- Experimental design: Leading research activities by planning and effectively conducting experiments and recording and analyzing data.
- Molecular biology experiments: Plan, execute, collect, and analyze data and present results in a professional and concise manner working with multiple crops and plant tissues. Be able to communicate the results to a diverse audience, internal and external, at different managerial levels.
- Perform tissue culture activities, including experimental design, protocol optimization, management of databases and bibliographic search. Prepare suitable media for tissue culture growth, troubleshoot, maintain sterility, multiply tissue, regenerate tissue, etc.
- Transformation of plant tissue: Manage all molecular aspects of vector design and construction (mainly Agrobacterium), clone plasmids, submission of DNA marker jobs, quality control, and the collection and analysis of resulting data to assist in advancement decisions. Most of the transformation activities will be focused on hemp but will not be limited to this crop. When requested by upper management, execute transformation experiments in Arabidopsis or other crops to advance proof of concept projects.
pcr, qPCR, rtpcr, assay design, recombinant proteins, rna isolation, plasmid dna
Top Skills Details:
- PCR, qPCR, RT-PCR, RT-qPCR
- Working with Recombinant DNA
- Working in high throughput (96 well plate) format
Additional Skills & Qualifications:
Required qualifications: Masters of Science level in Molecular Biology, and/or Systems Biology or related field with a minimum 2 years of hands-on experience of experience in Molecular Biology/cloning techniques (post grad).
We know that a company's success starts with its employees. We also know that an individual's success starts with the right career opportunity. As a Best of Staffing® Client and Talent leader, Aerotek's people-focused approach yields competitive advantage for our clients and rewarding careers for our contract employees. Since 1983, Aerotek has grown to become a leader in recruiting and staffing services. With more than 250 non-franchised offices, Aerotek's 8,000 internal employees serve more than 300,000 contract employees and 18,000 clients every year. Aerotek is an Allegis Group company, the global leader in talent solutions. Learn more at Aerotek.com.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
Posting ID: 609802146Posted: 2021-03-08