L3Harris is dedicated to recruiting and developing diverse, high-performing talent who are passionate about what they do. Our employees are unified in a shared dedication to our customers' mission and quest for professional growth. L3Harris provides an inclusive, engaging environment designed to empower employees and promote work-life success. Fundamental to our culture is an unwavering focus on values, dedication to our communities, and commitment to excellence in everything we do.
L3Harris Technologies is an agile global aerospace and defense technology innovator, delivering end-to-end solutions that meet customers' mission-critical needs. The company provides advanced defense and commercial technologies across air, land, sea, space and cyber domains. L3Harris has approximately $17 billion in annual revenue, 50,000 employees and customers in more than 130 countries. L3Harris.com
Description: Job Title: Material Management SpecialistJob Code: IMS20200207-47310Job Location: Rockwall, TXJob Description:
Responsible for planning, controlling and managing activities related to inventory control, shipping/receiving, storing and traffic analysis of materials or finished goods for sales warehouses, distribution centers, and factory mixing points to meet sales and distribution demand. Essential Functions:
- Establishes and modifies operational methods and procedures.
- Analyzes inventory levels, inventory positioning, planned production and sales forecasts.
- Oversees the liquidation and transfer of stock to reflect cost, age, and demand. Initiates immediate actions in out-of-stock situations.
- Ensures materials are received from proper vendors, delivered to inventory and finished goods, packaged according to specifications and shipped in a timely manner.
- Ensures materials are available to meet production schedules and/or products are shipped as per marketing schedules. Responsible for coordination and consolidation of domestic and international systems to support shipments.
- May complete analysis on company/customer needs, transportation methods, and audit carrier costs and performance to select most efficient transportation options.
- Interprets laws, rules and regulations regarding shipping and prepares applications for import/export control certifications and licenses.
- Implements and uses DOD Guidelines such as Mil STD 130, Item Unique Identification Government Property Guide, Reporting Property in the possession of a contractor, and the Federal and Defense Acquisition Regulations.
Preferred Additional Skills:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Management, Distribution, or Business, plus four (4) years' experience or an Associates plus eight (8) years of Logistics and material management experience required. Experience leading the activities listed.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a DoD Secret Clearance, which requires U.S. Citizenship.
- Physical Work - Ability to lift up to 50 pounds occasionally, and 20-30 pounds frequently. Required to constantly lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. The employee is often required to use their hands and fingers to handle or feel. The employee is frequently required to stand, walk, reach, climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl. Required to operate a stand up forklift.
- Active Secret security clearance
- Experience with government contracts
Please be aware many of our positions require the ability to obtain a security clearance. Security clearances may only be granted to U.S. citizens. In addition, applicants who accept a conditional offer of employment may be subject to government security investigation(s) and must meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information.
By submitting your rsum for this position, you understand and agree that L3Harris Technologies may share your rsum, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.
L3Harris Technologies is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3Harris is committed to treating all employees and applicants for employment with respect and dignity and maintaining a workplace that is free from unlawful discrimination. All applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or other related medical conditions), gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, characteristic or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local laws. L3Harris maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks, where permitted by law.