For over 30 years, Americare has extended care to senior generations in America's heartland. We pride ourselves on being resident focuses, encouraging employee to make smart, responsible decisions that are in the best interest of individual residents.
Why belong with our Americare team?
Every employee company-wide is a valued part of the organization, dedicated to their commitment and passion of creating a person centered home environment for each resident- truly making a difference in the lives they touch.
Each individual facility is a vibrant part of the communities they serve. While our resident benefit from industry leading care, our employees are offered competitive compensation, comprehensive benefit packages, flexible scheduling, free meals and a place they can belong.
We offer comprehensive and competitive medical and dental benefits. Our medical plans offer preventive care services, covered prescription drug benefits, and large network of doctors and hospitals to help you and your family improve or maintain your health.
Our culture supports team members wherever they are on their health and well-being journey. We offer tools and resources such as Employee Assistance Program and Employee Relief Fund.
Paid Time Off
The flexibility of Paid Time Off(PTO) lets you set your own priorities. Use PTO for any number of your life events.
We encourage you to continue your professional development. Americare will reimburse you for eligible tuition for approved courses.
We offer employees access to wages on demand
Our Dietary Manager is responsible for assisting and supporting dietary staff within established company policies and state and federal regulations. They are responsible for fiscal operations of the Dietary department such as the budgeting, planning and accounting. Assist in hiring and training dietary personnel. Coordinate dietary services with disciplinary team to provide person-centered care in a nursing facility environment. They are also responsible for providing healthy, nutritious and attractive meals for residents and families in a safe working environment.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Important member of the management team expected and authorized to use sound independent judgment and discretion in the performance of duties.
- Follow Americare policies, state and federal and ASI standards on ongoing basis.
- Plan, organize and map out dietary work schedule.
- Counsel, discipline, and hire dietary personnel as circumstances render using appropriate documentation and working with facility administrator with open communication.
- Orient, train, and evaluate job performance of all dietary service personnel.
- Compile and submit the department objective and achievements in a written quarterly review.
- Participate in regularly scheduled conferences with the administrator, Registered Dietitian and department heads.
- Participate in the development and implementation of dietary policies, procedures and staff development programs.
- Purchase necessary foods and supplies while working within budget guidelines.
- Maintain necessary personnel, cost, menu, monthly food inventories and other essential records which all lead to a person-centered care experience for residents.
- Train dietary staff to perform assigned duties and provide in-service education.
- Participate in multi-disciplinary resident plan of care.
- Direct the cleaning and sanitation of the dietary department. Direct the care of safety equipment and promote a safe working environment. Direct use of personal protective equipment and safety equipment such as lumbar supports, moving carts and two person lifting.
- Attend scheduled seminars and workshops approved by the administrator.
- Cooperate with the Registered Dietitian in implementing administrative approved dietary recommendations.
- Maintain good communication with all departments with special emphasis on the nursing department.
- Assist in menu development with Registered Dietitian
- Consistently follows standard principles of sanitation and universal precautions to preserve food quality and prevent the transmission of food-borne illnesses.
- Provide professional communication with sanitation, quality, and agency and government inspectors.
This job operates in a professional kitchen, which includes the use of stoves, knives, dishwashers, walk in refrigerators and coolers, trash receptacles both inside and out, as well as other job specific appliances and supplies.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
As well as meet all physical requirements of the position as identified by the facility policies and procedures related to functional job analysis. These are available at each specific community.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Hours can vary and will be dependent on staff coverage on any given day.
Some travel may be requested from time to time by your superiors.
- Serve Safe Certification or equivalent preferred or obtained shortly after employment.
- Knowledge of HIPAA and OSHA regulations and state/federal guidelines.
- Familiar with lock out tag out procedures and use of personal protective equipment.
- Experience in meal planning, budgeting and dietary operations with frequent resident admissions/ discharges
- Prefer experience in quantity food production in a health care setting
- Must have dietary managerial experience
- Certified Dietary Manager (CDM)
Americare is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. Americare does not discriminate in employment opportunities, decisions or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, genetics, national origin, age, mental or physical handicap or disability, citizenship or any other characteristic protected by law (may also be called "protected class"). In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at Americare will be based upon merit, qualifications and abilities. Americare will also make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with known disabilities, unless doing so would result in an undue hardship to Americare. This policy governs all aspects of employment, including hiring, job assignment, training, promotion, compensation, discipline, termination, and access to benefits and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Americare Senior Living is an EOE-(Equal Opportunity Employer) and drug-free workplace.