Starting hourly pay is between $14.00 and $20.00/hour depending on experience.
• Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or containers to be moved.
• Receives items for shipment, inspects visually for identity, quantity, and condition. Checks for obvious damage and segregates items requiring special handling.
• Opens containers as directed by work instructions or supervisor.
• Loads and unloads materials onto or from pallets, trays, racks and shelves by hand or with forklift or other handling equipment.
• Loads materials into carrier vehicles and installs strapping, bracing or logistic bars padding to prevent shifting or damage in transit.
• Completes receiving and shipping documents accurately and completely per ProTrans specifications with the scan gun.
• Counts, weights, and records number of units of materials moved or handled in PTI System.
• Ensures proper identification. Identifies all shipments by proper marking and labeling, including special handling instructions.
• Coordinates transportation requirements. Coordinates any special handling problems. Gathers data for preparing reports.
• Warehouses and stores inbound and outbound cargo awaiting processing and/or onward movement. Stacks or assembles materials into bundles and bands bundles together as direct per work instructions.
• Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist, and cleans work area, machines, and equipment. Conducts safety and equipment checks daily.
• Operates machinery such as banding, taping, and sealing.
• Follows all safety procedures. Actively works to improve individual and center safety record.
• Actively works for continuous quality improvement.
• Identifies and implements continual improvement initiatives to enhance the performance of the position, team, and company.
Shift start: 5:00PM
Shift length: 8 - 10 hours
Monday - Friday
ProTrans, founded in 1993, is an award-winning Indianapolis based transportation and supply chain management provider that specializes in Third-Party Logistics (3PL), Freight Consolidation, Freight Management Services, and Inventory and Fulfillment Management.