We Are Hiring
Technologist - Radiology - Diagnostic Radiology - Full-Time, Day - Seton Medical Center Williamson - Round Rock, TX
Why Join Ascension?
Ascension Seton, based in Austin, Texas, is a faith-based non-profit healthcare system founded in 1902 by the Daughters of Charity. Called to be a sign of God's unconditional love for all, Ascension Seton strives to expand access to high-quality, low-cost, person-centered care and services. Ascension Seton operates more than 100 clinical locations, including four teaching hospitals which serve as training sites for Dell Medical School at The University of Texas.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Seton Family of Hospitals, you will have the opportunity to take radiologic films providing quality images to physicians to aid in the diagnosis of medical problems.
- Prepares and positions patients for imaging and selects exposure factors accurately.
- Prepares and administers contrast media and medications within the accepted scope of practice and applicable state and federal regulations.
- Observes patient during procedure and reports abnormal activity.
- Monitors protocols and recommends updates or refinements as warranted.
- Follows radiation safety procedures and guidelines.
- Prevents patient from being exposed to unnecessary radiation.
- Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and patient data/history).
- Ensures equipment is properly functioning.
- Reports potential problems or equipment malfunction to appropriate personnel.
- Lock/tag out equipment if appropriate.
- Assists in maintaining a clean, and orderly department to include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film storage area and any other areas in department.
- Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters accurately.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in General Practice credentialed from the Texas Medical Radiologic Technologist Certification Program obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Radiologic Technologist specializing in Radiography credentialed from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT) obtained within 12 Months (1 year) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or Associate's degree, or Technical degree required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws.
Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family's goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts.
It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action.
Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.