Clinical Supervisor (In-Home Behavioral Therapy)
Are you Licensed Clinician and looking for the next opportunity in your career? This supervisor position may be for you!
The Clinical Supervisor will provide clinical and administrative supervision to 4-7 In-Home Behavioral Therapy Teams who provide structured, consistent, strength-based therapeutic interventions in client homes for the purpose of treating the youth's behavioral health needs, including improving the family's ability to provide effective support for the youth to promote his/her healthy functioning within the family. The Clinical Supervisor will provide weekly individual supervision to clinicians and para-professionals, which includes teaching and providing support, ensuring that cases are assigned and closed on a timely basis, reviewing medical charts for quality, hiring and evaluating worker performance, ensuring worker productivity, conducting marketing activities, and acting as liaison to the community and Managed Care Entities.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ability to work with Staff, colleagues, and other stakeholders and provide goal-oriented services.
- Ability to accurately diagnose and provide proper clinical formulation.
- Familiarity with the major models of clinical supervision, in terms of philosophical assumptions and practical implications, and the ability to compare and contrast them with other models.
- The capacity to articulate a personal model of supervision, drawn from existing models of supervision and from preferred styles of therapeutic practice.
- The capacity to attend capably to the multiple functions and tasks of Clinical Supervision.
- The capacity to facilitate the co-evolving relationships between the worker-client and supervisor-worker-client relationships, identifying and addressing problems that arise.
- Awareness and sensitivity to contextual variables such as race, culture, gender, sexuality, disability, economics and lived experience, and how they impact on the range of working relationships (e.g., worker-client, supervisor-worker-client, and peer-peer).
- Knowledge of the service delivery protocol and treatment standards as well as the ethical mandates of relevant professional bodies.
- Awareness of legal issues which may arise in clinical supervision, and commitment to ensuring that supervisees are also aware of these (e.g., duty to report, limits of confidentiality, etc.).
- Skill in giving and receiving feedback in clinical supervision, both informally (e.g., in the course of supervision sessions) and formally (e.g., planned and documented reviews of supervision process and of supervisees' clinical skills).
- Advanced knowledge of the major issues experienced by clients (e.g., mental illness, alcoholism, drug abuse).
- Employee Type: Full Time
- Minimum Experience required: 2 years of supervisory experience preferred.
- Degree and Licensing required: Must possess a master degree in human services field and have a Massachusetts social work license (i.e. LMHC; LICSW; LMFT; LADC I, LCSW).
- Bilingual [English & Spanish] preferred.
A Master's Level Mental Health Practitioner with relevant training and two years' experience inclusive of but not limited to:
- Conducting functional behavioral assessments (FBA) of youth with serious emotional and behavioral disturbances that include observing and analyzing behavior in settings where the behavior is naturally occurring; evaluating specific antecedent stimuli and consequences; and understanding the values, skills, and resources of those who are responsible for implementing the behavior plan, AND
- Selecting interventions and strategies based on the results of the FBA and designing behavior plans that include intensive behaviorally oriented and interventions; AND
- Evaluating progress based on both qualitative and quantitative data and making adjustments to the behavior plan as needed; AND
- Working with parents/caregivers and paraprofessional staff in homes and other community-based settings to implement behavior plans using techniques grounded in principles of positive behavior support (PBS) and/or applied behavioral analysis (ABA) with an aim toward extinguishing a wide range of challenging behaviors and increasing more socially acceptable behaviors that are age or developmental appropriate.
- Retirement Plan 403(b)
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Paid vacations
- 11 paid Holidays & 8 discretionary days a year
- Hiring Bonus program eligible!
Direct Contact Name:
Rebeca Hierro, Clinician & CBHI Recruitment Coordinator at email@example.com.
For additional inquiries, contact our Talent Acquisition Partner, Jayson Sanchez, 413-930-4292, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Gandara Mental Health Center provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Gndara Center provides residential, mental health, substance abuse and preventive services for children, adults and families across the Pioneer Valley and eastern parts of Massachusetts. Founded in the Hispanic community, we value cultural diversity and strive to provide culturally competent, innovative services to a diverse community.
MassLive.com. Keywords: Clinical Supervisor, Location: Roxbury Crossing, MA - 02120