Start your future with a new mission: Northrop Grumman Space Systems (NGSpace). As a part of the NGSpace Team, you will work with experts that develop systems and solutions to keep our world safe. Together we protect our troops, public safety, information, and our planet. It's unique work. It's challenging and rewarding. But most of all, it's work that makes a difference. Our culture thrives on intellectual curiosity, cognitive diversity and bringing your whole self to work, and we have an insatiable drive to do what others think is impossible. Our employees are not only part of history, they're making history. Join us and launch your career.
Northrop Grumman Space Systems is seeking a Database Administrator. This position will be located in Roy, UT and will support the Ground Based Strategic Deterrent (GBSD) program. Learn more about the GBSD program here.
The selected candidate will manage the development, operation, and update of the Interactive Electronic Technical Manual (IETM) Common Source Database (CSDB) for the GBSD Product Support IPT.
Implements and maintains smooth operation and physical design of the CSDB. Conducts performance tuning of indexes and databases in general. Reviews database design and integration of systems, provides backup recovery and makes recommendations regarding enhancements and/or improvements. Maintains security and integrity controls. Formulates policies, procedures, and standards relating to database management, and monitors transaction activity and utilization. May develop stored procedures and/or triggers.
As a full-time employee of Northrop Grumman Space Systems, you are eligible for our robust benefits package including:
- Medical, Dental & Vision coverage
- Educational Assistance
- Life Insurance
- Employee Assistance Programs & Work/Life Solutions
- Paid Time Off
- Health & Wellness Resources
- Employee Discounts
This position's standard work schedule is a 9/80. The 9/80 schedule allows employees who work a nine-hour day Monday through Thursday to take every other Friday off. Qualifications :Job Qualifications:You'll Bring These Qualifications:
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- BS degree in computer science or related degree with 6yrs related experience
- Experience defining and designing database systems
- Experience administering S1000D CSDB compliant databases
- Current active Secret clearance
- Experience in design and implementation of SDL Conenta databases
- Experience developing and administering S1000D functional requirements, business rules and 3rd party hardware/software integration
- Experience with IETM viewer software tools
Posting ID: 559538139Posted: 2020-07-14