Working for Holiday Retirement
Holiday Retirement helps older people live better, and we accomplish this by following these principles:
- Older people are vibrant and deserve the best experience.
- We promote independence and create choice to do your thing.
- We appreciate and respect our residents, families, associates, and guests.
- We believe in life-long learning, growth, and staying connected.
If you have a passion for making a difference in the lives of older people, we'd love to talk to you.
We have a rewarding opportunity for experienced maintenance professional to lead, manage and direct the quality and workflow of the Community Maintenance Program to ensure that Holiday managed communities are properly maintained for efficient and safe operation. The work you will do will make a significant impact on resident's quality of life. Area Facilities Director Responsibilities:
- Assist community management teams with screening and qualifying all in house maintenance applicants and assisting with professional development for community maintenance staff.
- Train and educate community maintenance staff on operating self-sufficient maintenance programs and life safety program.
- Manage and coordinate capital improvement projects as directed by the Director of Maintenance, Capital Improvement Project Manager, and Divisional Maintenance Manager.
- Assess workloads and develop solutions for community maintenance staff to complete tasks.
- Complete weekly accurate reports.
- Perform all work in a timely manner that may necessitate travel to assignments on short notice.
- Coordinate with community Management Teams, Regional Directors, Divisional Maintenance Manager, and independent contractors in performing assigned repair work.
- Work on special projects, as assigned by Divisional Maintenance Director or The Director of Maintenance.
- Perform other duties as assigned by Divisional Maintenance Manager or the Director of Maintenance.
- Ability to coordinate emergency building repairs at Holiday-managed Communities.
- Minimum 5 years' experience in all phases communities maintenance possessing a good working knowledge of building construction.
- Must be able to perform, train and supervise preventative maintenance on various mechanical equipment, commercial kitchen equipment, HVAC and life safety systems.
- Must have a good working knowledge of; building electrical systems, plumbing systems, emergency generators, commercial hot water heaters and life safety systems.
- Must have the ability to train maintenance staff in all phases of building maintenance and established business protocols.
- Ability to go on assignments as needed, often on short notice.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work well with others.
- Must demonstrate the ability to support, practice and deliver the "Holiday Touch" 100% of the time.
- Must demonstrate high standards of ethics and personal accountability.
For over 45 years, Holiday Retirement has been committed to helping older people live better by providing the very best options for independent and assisted living. Today, we are proud to offer older adults the choice of over 250 communities throughout the US. Holiday Retirement communities are unlike any other. Our unique locations offer an exceptional lifestyle full of enriching activities for our residents, as well as deeply fulfilling careers for those who embrace our mission and principles.
Holiday Retirement is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to employing a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, age, sex, religion, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, military or veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other basis protected by local, state, or federal law.
Req ID: 73711
Nearest Major Market: Detroit
Job Segment: Manager, Facilities, Electrical, Developer, Construction, Management, Operations, Engineering, Technology