Janitors are first and foremost responsible for guest relations and satisfaction. He/She is responsible for ensuring that the store maintains a clean and safe environment for the guests. This includes both the sales floor, outside surrounding area of the store, as well as the condition of the shelves.
- When a guest enters my area or department, my first and most important responsibility becomes to acknowledge, greet, and engage that guest.
- Responsible for making sure that trash is removed from the shopping area floors, as well as the floors in all areas in and around the store.
- This individual will be given set areas of the store where the items will be removed from the shelf and the decking will be cleaned. The items must then be replaced on the shelf.
- The individual will be responsible for cleaning spills off of the sales floor.
- Never leave spill unattended, but make sure that damaged items or safety issues are reported to management
- The team member will be charged with maintaining clean and sanitary restroom facilities.
- Maintenance of clean dining rooms in locations where applicable.
- May be called upon to act as front end help during peak business hours
- Help guests find items when necessary
- Performs other duties as requested or required by management.
- Ability to work at fast-paced but efficient and controlled manner.
- Must be 18 years of age or older.
- Individual must be able to stay on feet for extended periods of time.
- Position requires team member to be able to lift up to 40 pounds.
- Position requires individual to push a large janitorial cart.
- Perform all other physical aspects of the job including bending, squatting, lifting, climbing, and walking.
- Previous janitorial work experience will be beneficial but is not required.
- Ability to accept supervisory coaching related to performance, work habits and attitude
- Ability to function as a team member and get along with others
This job description is intended to provide a high-level of general requirements for this position. It is not a complete statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Other duties not listed here may be assigned as necessary to ensure proper operations. OUR MISSIONUltimate Service Superior Performance Positive Impact
Posting ID: 557694018Posted: 2020-08-17