Conagra Brands has the most energized, highest-impact culture in food. Our people persistently challenge and disrupt marketplace/business conventions and we are respected for our great brands, great food, great margins and consistent results. Conagra Brands, be part of building something BIG. Position Description
The Utilities Department Class-B Mechanics at Conagra Foods are responsible for the operation and maintenance of the following Utilities Systems: Refrigeration, Steam, Air, Water, and Loss Prevention. Mechanics within this department are the responsible for the operation, maintenance and record keeping for each piece of equipment that makes up the above listed Utilities Systems.
Utilities personnel must understand and agree that safety is the most important expectation of employment. All work performed by the employee will adhere to OSHA, EPA and plant safety regulations. Minimum Qualifications
- Candidate should demonstrate proficiency in applied technology skills, observation skills, locating information skills, reading for information skills, and applied mathematics skills.
- Candidate must be a "hands on, self-directed, self-motivated person"
With knowledge of industrial Utilities Systems (refrigeration, steam, water (hot & cold), loss prevention and air systems.
- Candidate must have 1+ years of direct experience working in an ammonia refrigeration department within an industrial maintenance facility.
- Candidate must have 1+ years of direct experience operating and maintaining Steam generating Boilers, and associated equipment within an industrial maintenance facility.
- Candidate within 90 days of employment or departmental transfer will be required to take and pass the Utilities Department Class B or Class A Maintenance test.
- Preferably Candidate must have 2+ years of direct experience working in an industrial maintenance facility.
- Preferably Candidate should have knowledge of mechanical duties that need to be performed on Plants Utilities systems, glycol chillers, boilers, pumps, motors,
air compressors, electrical systems (PLC, 110v, 480v)
- Candidate must pass Hazmat Physical and medically cleared to wear Emergency Response Equipment (Respirator, SCBA, Level-A Suit, etc.)
Refrigeration Mechanic "A"
Entry Level Skill Requirements
Must have met all Refrigeration Maintenance Master "B" requirements Must have a working knowledge of current electrical/electronic controls used in the refrigeration plant Must be able to read and utilize Piping and Instruments Diagrams and Electrical Schematics for trouble-shooting Must be able to use precision measuring instruments for setup and fine tuning purposes Must have the ability to pump down the main refrigeration systems in the plant using Standard Operating Procedures and P&ID's Must actively participate in the PSM (i.e. Safety committees, incident Investigations, PHA's, etc...)
Must be self-motivated and require minimal supervision Must work with outside contractors and service personnel Must be actively involved in PSM Team functions. Train and instruct new maintenance personnel in the area of their responsibility.
Conagra Brands is an equal opportunity employer and considers qualified applicants for employment without regard to sex, race, color, religion, ethnic or national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, pregnancy, leave status, disability, veteran status, genetic information and/or any other characteristic or status protected by national, federal, state or local law.