You'll be learning, growing and having fun. Gaining skills for life as you take on the responsibilities of this important role. OverviewAre you ready to take your educational experience to new heights? Interning with Kings Dominion is an opportunity that can pay off for years to come - with skills, knowledge, experiences and friends that can last a lifetime!An internship with us can lead to a successful future. That's because you will:
- Gain knowledge through training programs to include functional area seminars and leadership training
- Participate in a group capstone project
- Recieve mentorship from industry professionals
- Participate in networking events
- Work in a welcoming and diverse environment
- Gain valuable work experience and leadership skills
- Participate in many "Y-Richmond" educational and networking events throughout the summer. Interns and college graduates are vital to the health and growth of the Richmond region. The "Y-Richmond" program makes an important connection between the area's young professional talent and all that Richmond has to offer.
You'll Make a Difference:
- Interact with our guests and make their day amazing through meaningful connections
- Share your passion for creating a warm and welcoming environment with your team
- Deliver fast and accurate service
- Contribute to our exceptional track record for safety
What are we looking for?
We're looking for interns in the following areas:
- Administration/Audit- Gain valuable skills in internal audit programs, various adminstrative processes and training coordination.
- Culinary- focus on developing a strong operational capability, work in the various kitchens, be coached by Culinary Management Leadership, as well as be challenged to execute at a professional production level.
- Food & Beverage Leadership- gain valuable skills in leadership, communication, F&B operations and earn your ServSfae certification.
- Hospitality- opportunities in this area of interest include working in our Admissions department as a Guest Services associate who specializes in interpreting and analyzing guest needs and providing solutions to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Human Resources- work with our on-boarding team to process newly hired associates, learning compliance requirements.
- Learning and Development- gain valuable skills in communication, learning/development and event coordination. This hands on position will have you facilitate training classes, develop communication documents and coordinate training programs and events.
- Operations Leadership- assigned as a Team Leader or Supervisor in our Rides or Aquatics department, this position is focused on growing leadership skills, communication style and management techniques that can be used to influence and build a team.
- Recruiting- assist with new associate recruiting efforts to include communication and marketing of our open positions, events and our internal social media posts.
- Resort Management- gain valuable skills in hospitality, communication, guest relations, and leadership. This hands on role will put you in them most impactful position in the department as Soak City Cabana Supervisor. You will lead a team of associates and assist with on the job training, coaching and developing their knowledge and skills. At the same time you will be tasked with managing the operation of 31 resort style cabana rentals in the waterpark gaining valuable hospitality and resort management experience.
- Retail Operations- gain valuable skills in inventory, cash handling, communications, marketing, and leadership. You will lead a team of associates and assist with on the job training, coaching and developing their knowledge and skills. At the same time you will be tasked with managing the operation of 1-3 retail locations in the park gaining valuable operations experience
- Retail Visual Merchandiser- gain valuable skills in inventory, communications, creative design, and visual merchandising. This position will work directly with our full time visual merchandiser to keep our 14 retail locations updated throughout the summer. You will be tasked with setting up merchandise on slat walls tables, and fixtures. You will also be tapping into your creative side by coming up with visual window displays using merchandise and props to transform our stores for seasonal events!
- Sanitation- gain valuable skills in food operations and inspections. In this role you will follow inspection roatations, file reports, learn and follow everclean guidelines.
- Security- gain valuable skills in communication, conflict resolution, and incident investigation. This position allows you to work hands on in the park as a member of the security team.
- At least 18 years of age
- Currently enrolled in a college or university
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
Posting ID: 579747982Posted: 2021-01-12