Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst Senior for our San Antonio, TX, Plano, TX and Phoenix, AZ, Remote campus location.
As a member of the second line of defense, the Compliance and Operational Risk Testing Analyst executes independent testing under the Enterprise Testing program methodology to ensure departmental processes and activities comply with applicable rules, regulations, policies and procedures. The incumbent will compile and retain well documented work papers to create accurate and concise written reports including issues, root cause and recommended corrective action.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Develops the steps needed to test and/or analyze compliance with complex policies/procedures and laws/regulations.
- Conducts appropriate, independent testing to ensure operational risks and compliance requirements are adhered to.
- Prepares detailed and objective work papers to support conclusions.
- Reviews issues and findings to provide effective challenge and quality of supporting documentation.
- Performs complex qualitative analysis of data.
- Identifies potential control weaknesses and makes recommendations to remediate issues.
- Manages all aspects of a compliance and operational risk test from end to end.
- Serves as a resource to team members on escalated issues.
- Builds, develops, and maintains relationships with business and internal control partners (Audit, Risk & Compliance, Legal) to facilitate collaboration between all lines of defense for testing.
- Bachelor's degree or 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree (10 years of experience total in lieu of the degree).
- 6 or more years of relevant work experience (internal/external audit, operational risk/compliance testing, quality assurance).
- Demonstrated experience interpreting and applying federal and state laws and regulations and guidance or operational risk principles/concepts.
- Advanced knowledge of testing techniques and data analysis principles, as well as the ability to interpret subsequent results.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management.
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not able to change your responses.
- 4-6 years of experience with Mortgage and Testing.
- 4-6 years of experience with Control Ops Testing/Internal Audit.
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits package in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement), or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 7/22/20 by 11:59 pm CST time.