Assists surgical team during operative procedures. Arranges and inventories sterile set-up for surgery, and passes items as needed to the operating team. Assists in preparing and moving patients, and in cleaning the operating room.
• High School graduate or equivalent education/experience
• Graduate of approved course for OR Surgical Technologists or equivalent training required
• Surgical Technologist Certification preferred and/or equivalent training
• BLS Required
• Clinical experience as would typically be obtained in two (2) years required.
• Significant surgical scrub experience is required.
• Technical training to include aseptic technique and sterile processing required.
• Extensive knowledge of instrumentation and equipment required for multiple specialties required.
• Extensive knowledge regarding sterile processing requirements required.
• An excellent understanding of infection control processes required.
• Ability to communicate well with other healthcare professionals as well as with lay persons required.
• Ability to operate and trouble-shoot surgical equipment required.
• Must be able to operate SPD equipment: ultrasonic, washer decontaminators, autoclaves, and other sterilizing equipment.
• Computer skills are required
Organization: Sutter Outpatient Services
Employee Status: Regular
Position Status: Non-Exempt
Job Shift: Day
Shift Hours: 8 Hour Shift
Days of the Week Scheduled: Monday-Friday
Weekend Requirements: None
Schedule: Part Time
Hrs Per 2wk Pay Period: 48
Sutter Health Affiliates are equal opportunity employers EOE/M/F/Disability/Veterans
Posting ID: 565862711Posted: 2020-07-30