This is the job description for GROUNDS PERSON
Job Title: Groundskeeper/Landscaper
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Chief Engineer
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: Performs routine manual labor involved in the upkeep of the grounds. Under supervision, may be required to do semi-skilled grounds work. Operate small, hand-held power equipment; perform work with larger equipment such as tractors and medium sized ride-on turf mowing equipment.
1. Maintains assigned area of the facility. This area may be changed at the discretion of the supervisor.
2. Operates mowers and trimming equipment for greens, tees, aprons, around trees, posts, and rocks.
3. Rakes and maintains flower beds.
4. Prepares the grounds daily as necessary. Includes picking up all visible trash from the front entrance and around the entire property/grounds.
5. Ensures all grounds accessories are neat and positioned correctly.
6. Maintains proper fluid level in each piece of equipment used on a daily basis; reports all improperly functioning equipment to a supervisor or the equipment technician.
7. Returns all equipment to the properly designated areas after is has been properly cleaned.
8. Cleans in and around the grounds daily.
9. May apply fertilizers and pesticides as requested, under the supervision of a licensed applicator (if required).
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Knowledge of the methods and materials used in maintaining grounds and landscaped environments.
2. Working knowledge of and safely use hand and power tools and specialized turf mowing equipment.
3. Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagrammatic form.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience Minimum 3 months landscaping experience.
Posting ID: 61293235Posted: 2020-02-19