High Construction Company is looking for a Vice President of Construction to oversee the company's work in the Multifamily / Senior Living segment. This position will include sales responsibility for new projects as well as overseeing and leading the projects operationally. The Vice President of Construction will report directly to the President of High Construction. This position offers an opportunity for continued growth primarily within eastern and central Pennsylvania.
High Construction began in 1978 providing commercial construction, design-build, and general contracting services in Pennsylvania, New York, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland, and Virginia.
- Bachelor's degree required.
- At least 10 years of experience in the Multifamily or Senior Living market.
- Well versed in wood frame construction.
- Experience in contract reviews, operations and P&L responsibility.
- Knowledge of construction building codes and building methods.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
Essential Job Functions:
- Identify and pursue Multifamily / Senior Living opportunities to a successful closing at a price consistent with company profit objectives.
- Continuously gather and evaluate marketplace and competitive company intelligence to keep market and sales plan current and effective.
- Seek out and identify potential clients in the Multifamily / Senior Living markets.
- Execute activities required to close sales of outside projects in accordance with annual forecast for volume and profitability.
- Provide pre-development input of construction techniques.
- Help establish final construction documents, schedules and budgets.
- Coordinate plans, specifications, designs, bids to finalize subcontractor scope.
Working for High Construction:
- Tuition Assistance with 100 percent reimbursement for approved courses and degree programs which are job related and approved in advance by your supervisor.
- Employee Assistance Program provides professional, confidential assistance for any type of personal issue you or your eligible dependents are experiencing.
- High Family Foundation Scholarship is awarded annually to the children of High co-workers working at least 1,000 hours per year and employed for at least two years. Recipients are awarded $4,000 for each year they are enrolled in a two- or four-year accredited degree program.
- Good Measure Award is presented periodically to an individual or team from each of the High companies who exemplifies The High Philosophy and who has gone above and beyond normal job responsibilities to provide "Good Measure."
- Excellent benefits including medical, dental and vision available for full-time coworkers. Vacation is offered to regular full-time coworkers and is earned annually on your anniversary date. You may carry over a portion of your hours into the next anniversary year.
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a company match.
Functional Expert: Considered a thought leader on a subject
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Dedicated: Devoted to a task or purpose with loyalty or integrity
Ability to Make an Impact: Inspired to perform well by the ability to contribute to the success of a project or the organization
Entrepreneurial Spirit: Inspired to perform well by an ability to drive new ventures within the business
Bachelors or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)
Your full LinkedIn profile
will be shared. Learn More