Compact Industries, Inc. is a family owned and operated company in St. Charles, Illinois - specialized in contract manufacturing, blending and packaging of powdered food products since 1963.
Apply with us today to become a part of our growing team!
Benefits: Medical, Vision, Dental, 401K, Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays, Onsite Gym, Wellness Programs, Non-Exempt Sign-On Bonus.
Quality Assurance Supervisor 2nd Shift
2nd Shift: 2:00 pm - 12:00 am
Ensure the policies and procedures of the QA department are properly implemented by training and leading the QA Technicians. Be knowledgeable of and maintain proficiency in all positions in the quality control department. Maintain a professional work environment, free from discrimination of all types. Work with the production department to ensure maximum production is achieved without compromising food product quality or safety.
- Ensure the production lines are adequately covered for a QA Technician
- Train and coach the QA Technicians
- Check the first production of every line at every startup or changeover and verifying the accuracy and completeness of QA and production and verify materials used
- Evaluate and assist QA Technicians in isolation of nonconforming items
- Ensure disposition of nonconforming items is carried out as directed by QA Manager
- Review paperwork corrections
- Verify loft and lab paperwork is accurate and complete
- Be available for any QA issues/questions/concerns that arise
- Make sure employees in any area follow Good Manufacturing Practices
- Attend Production Meetings
- Schedule overtime according to Production needs
- Ensure supervision of QA, especially at startup for all overtime
- Schedule coverage for vacations/time off
- Check time sheets for all temporary QA Technicians
- Complete internal audits (bi-monthly)
- Prepare Plant in anticipation of external or customer audits
- Attend formal training sessions
- Complete procedure reviews and revisions
- Document new procedures
- Supervise approximately 10 QA Technicians.
- Assist QA Technicians by providing information and tools to assist them in performing their jobs effectively
WORKING CONDITIONS/PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- 80% of the day is spent walking the plant, including going up and down stairs
- Ability to lift 12-20lbs for line checks
- Occasional lifting up to 50 lbs
- Ability to perform visual inspections
- Use of laboratory instruments: moisture, brix, balances, etc.
- Use of vacuum chambers and air pumps during testing
- Proficient knowledge required in the use of a Personal Computer
- Intermediate knowledge required in the use of Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint programs
- Basic knowledge required in the use of Access programs
- Communicate with fellow employees in QA department exchanging information needs
- Work with employees in various departments ensuring Quality of product and Food Safety
- Ability to be organized and multi task
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and written
- Possess good Supervision, Leadership, and decision making skills
- Bachelors Degree
- Specific courses completed in micro, food technology, management, and simple statistics.
- Experience in Biology/Food background
- Experience in Regulatory environment
- Experience in manufacturing environment
Posting ID: 575763510Posted: 2020-09-24