- Must be able to work with customers and co-workers
- Be able to work all shifts, weekends, nights and holidays.
- Must be able to pass background check and drug tests
- Reliable and dependable transportation
- Operating a register, counting cash with accuracy and speed.
- Safe handling, telephone etiquette, operate Lottery machine and be accountable.
- Ability to adhere to all policies and safety rules
- Wear proper uniform and maintain personal hygiene to meet all health standards.
- Ability to maintain proper attitude, professionalism, and teamwork in areas of customer service at all times.
- Ability to lift up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to work in walk in cooler for one hour and sign cooler log
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Greet and welcome customers to the store
- Operating computerized cash register.
- Verify age as 21 and older before selling tobacco and liquor products
- Ring out merchandise, and ensuring correct payment is completed, via credit, debit, EBT or cash.
- Ensure correct change is returned to customer for cash transactions.
- Bag merchandise for customers.
- Stock shelves and front face items hourly
- Stock cooler completely at every visit, ensuring sold items are re-stocked for smooth operations and complete cooler log hourly
- Clean and maintain fountain, coffee and food area hourly
- Clean lot and review every 3 hours during shift
- Clean pumps and wipe down every other shift
- Suggestive selling of merchandise and assisting customers to locate merchandise.
- Accurate and effective completion of shift paper work and maintaining drawer to not be more that $3 short or $3 over and report any inconsistencies
- Clean rest rooms daily and check every 3 hours, clean deli equipment, dust shelves daily, dust merchandise daily, clean windows and doors every other shift, empty trash cans every 4 hours unless its less than 30% full, sweep and mop as needed.
- Use of fire extinguisher and other safety equipment.
- Deter and detect shoplifters.
- Check in vendors and ensure merchandise is delivered complete.
- Listening and handling customer complaints.
- Advise store manager and management of any situations or policy violations having an adverse effect on team members and store operating performance.
- Answer and screen telephone calls properly.
- Clean gas pumps; fill water/cleaning solution buckets on islands,
- Report non functional equipment to manager for repair services,
- Notify management of hazardous conditions, report slippery (wet/ice) conditions so it can be remediated by service company
- Upsell Carwash and cleaning products to every customer
- Thank every customer after ringing them out and tell them you look forward to seeing them again.
- Medical Plan
- Dental and Vision
- Life coverage at twice the previous year's earnings.
- Supplemental Life Coverage term and whole life plans
- Retirement Plan: Crownway Mart’s offers a retirement 401(k) plan
- 401(k) Employer Match: Crownway matches contributions at a 40% rate for the first 6% of a participant’s contributions
- Free fountain drinks and coffee while on duty
- On time arrival Bonus - Paid Quarterly
- Performance based pay increases - Multiple through the year..
Posting ID: 501449905Posted: 2020-08-10