Are you an experienced Staff Accountant with manufacturing experience? Are you looking for future growth opportunities in accounting or finance? Duke is an exciting and dynamic place to work, with a wide range of career opportunities. At Duke we truly believe that it is our people who make the difference! If you want to take on new and meaningful challenges, grow professionally, and be part of a global organization committed to excellence, it's time to consider joining the Duke team!
We are committed to excellence. Find out what it's like to be a part of the Duke Team!
The Staff Accountant is responsible for all general ledger transactions; ensures proper internal controls and process and performs the required reconciliations to ensure accurate information. Prepares and maintains sub-ledgers and/or file including H&W, Accrued Receipts, Accounts Payable, Commission reporting, Rebate reporting, etc. Responsible for the timely and accurate closing and reporting of the financial results of the company.
Career Growth Opportunities:
- Develop and evolve this role into a Senior Accountant Position
- With this growth, begin preparing international financial reporting for three foreign entities.
- The future opportunity for Senior Accountant will require the ability to perform multi-currency financial reporting and currency exchange rate competencies.
On a world-wide basis:
- Manages all transactions through the G/L
- Ensures complete and accurate reporting
- Ensures proper procedures and controls
- Account balance reconciliation and maintenance
- Financial reporting, both internal and external
- P&L, Balance Sheet, Cash Flow, DSO, ITO, DPO, Working Capital, etc.
- Manages the Commissions and Rebate processes
- Supports all Audits
- Annual financial audit
- Federal, State and local tax audits
- Other audits
- Supports the annual operating plan development
- Identifies, tracks and reports KPI's to drive improvement opportunities and goal attainment
- Special projects, as required, to drive process improvements, cost reductions, improved information flow, etc.
- Prepares Bank Reconciliations for all bank accounts in multiple currencies
- Prepares Monthly R&D project cost reporting
- Prepares annual R&D Tax Credit Schedules
- Prepares all monthly, quarterly and annual government reports
- Posts Accounts Payable and Inventory/Cost of Sales & WIP transactions to the General Ledger daily
- VAT, GST and HST reporting
The above list of essential duties is not exhaustive. It only defines some of the main responsibilities. An employee may be required to perform additional tasks not listed above.
- Experience: Minimum of 5 years in a comparable accounting role.
- Education: Bachelor's Degree in Accounting, or related discipline. CPA a plus.
- Skills: Ability to administer company wide policies and programs; Ability to prioritize work; Ability to tolerate interruptions; Ability to adhere to a strict timeline; Ability to prepare written communications skills concisely and coherently; Ability to analyze numerical data utilizing statistical analysis capabilities; Ability to develop a climate of enthusiasm, teamwork and cooperation among employees; Ability to strictly enforce company policy; Ability to give presentations in front of customers and/or a large group; Ability to be punctual and manage time effectively; Ability to pay close
- attention to detail.
Physical Job Requirements:
- Speaking to employees and customers.
- Listening to employees and customers.
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
Mental and Visual Job Requirements:
- Clarity of vision at 20 inches or less.
- Ability to bring objects into sharp focus.
- Ability to identify and distinguish colors.
- Ability to learn and comprehend instructions and orientation to the job.
- Ability to concentrate attention on task at hand for extended periods of time.
Workplace Environmental Conditions:
- Typical office environment.
- Ability and willingness to travel. Travel requirement: approximately 5% (12-14 days per year)
- Ability to work independently from home during pandemic conditions
Tools Used to Perform Essential Functions:
- Equipment: Personal computer, telephone, fax, copier, 10-key
- Software: Outlook Email, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Dataworks, Microsoft Teams, Epicor (ERP)
Posting ID: 606655834Posted: 2021-02-25