Our therapy team executes customized treatment plans that deliver real results and exceed patients' expectations. If you're motivated to give our clients a more positive quality of life we encourage you to apply today!
- This position oversees delivery of consumer support services for an Intensive Rehabilitation Treatment Program specializing in drug and alcohol rehabilitation. This position will provide and develop clinical services that promote consumer choice and facilitate independence for adult individuals experiencing significant mental health/psychiatric symptoms; who are demonstrating significant functional impairments; and who may have co-occurring disorders
- Complete and maintain accurate records or reports regarding the patients' histories and progress, services provided, or other required information
- Counsel clients individually or in group sessions, to assist in overcoming dependencies, adjusting to life, or making changes.
- Interview clients, review records, and confer with other professionals to evaluate individuals' mental and physical condition and to determine their suitability for participation in a specific program
- Assist with developing client treatment plans based on research, clinical experience, and client histories
- Review and evaluate clients' progress in relation to measurable goals described in treatment and care plans
- Intervene as an advocate for clients or patients to resolve emergency problems in crisis situations
- Coordinate counseling efforts with mental health professionals or other health professionals, such as doctors, nurses, or social workers
- Modify treatment plans to comply with changes in client status
- Participate in case conferences or staff meetings
- Provide clients or family members with information about addiction issues and about available services or programs, making appropriate referrals when necessary
- Plan or implement follow-up or aftercare programs for clients to be discharged from treatment programs
- Coordinate activities with courts, probation officers, community services, or other post-treatment agencies
- Entering, transcribing, recording, storing, or maintaining information in written or electronic form
- Providing personal assistance, medical attention, emotional support, or other personal care to others such as coworkers, customers, or patients
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor's in one of the behavioral sciences from an accredited college or university preferred
- If holding Bachelors degree, 2,000 hours of supervised experience in delivery of services to persons with mental illness required.
- If holding General Education Diploma/High School Diploma/Associates degree, 6,000 supervised hours of experience in delivery of persons with mental illness required
- Must be at least 21 years of age
- Currently Licensed in Alcohol and Drug Counseling for the State of Minnesota
- Valid Driving License
- Proof of Auto Insurance
- No major driving violations in the past seven years.
- Clear Background Check
- Ability to work effectively as a multi-disciplinary team member
- Ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
- Ability to communicate information and ideas in speaking clearly.
PandoLogic. Keywords: Addiction Counselor, Location: Saint Paul, MN - 55129
Posting ID: 585393136Posted: 2020-12-04