The System Director, Labor Relations is responsible for the development and execution of labor relations strategies and consulting services across the Fairview Health Services healthcare continuum. This includes setting strategies for the delivery of labor relations services to meet the business and operational needs of Fairview's business sites and system-wide across multiple union groups, contracts, and stakeholders. Must be able to effectively provide multi-functional consulting services to Fairview administrators, managers, supervisors and employees regarding employee and labor relations issues. Will lead a team of labor relations consultants, and ensure contract negotiations, contract administration, union relationships, grievance processes, organizing responses and educational development needs of the organization are met.
- Chief negotiator during labor contract negotiations with bargaining units; acts as chief advocate for labor relations issues, arbitrations, and hearings on behalf of Fairview
- Evaluates labor strategies to optimize opportunities for partnership with unions, mitigate risks of disruption, and maintain commitment to positive employee relations
- Partners with senior leaders strategically plan for labor relations events and prepares aligned management view and messages on key labor relations issues. Guides effective communications regarding the labor relations strategy to ensure successful implementation.
- Develops and executes negotiation strategies, contingency plans, and assures effective communication on labor issues across organization
- Build strong relationships and trust with key stakeholders to influence optimal organizational outcomes in line with labor relations strategy
- Partners closely with employee relations and HR Strategy to ensure coordinated execution of labor relations strategies; and support of organizational leadership of unionized workforce
- Creates and executes comprehensive positive employee relations plan across system.
- Oversees and executes on all grievances, ULPS, and information/discovery requests from collective bargaining units as appropriate on employee relations issues, policies and administrative procedures
- Serve as subject matter expert of contract language, organizational policies/practices, and labor law to effectively consult with HR, organizational leadership, and internal/external legal teams on all bargaining unit, and labor force issues
- Represents Fairview at NLRB hearings, arbitrations, and any other pertinent hearings
- Bachelors Degree, Human Resources or related area
- 5 years of team leadership experience
- 10 years labor relations experience in highly unionized environment
- Experience leading successful negotiations across multiple bargaining units
- Experience in highly matrixed organization
- Experience leading in an academic healthcare environment
- Experience with employee labor law practice
- 15+ years with employee/labor relations experience
Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 12 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area and north-central Minnesota.
- License to practice law in state of Minnesota
Its broad continuum also includes 56 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, Fairview's 32,000 employees and 2,400 affiliated providers embrace innovation to drive a healthier future through healing, discovery and education.
EEO/AA Employer/Vet/Disabled All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to any lawfully protected status.
Together with the University of Minnesota and University of Minnesota Physicians we have created M Health Fairview. M Health Fairview is the newly expanded collaboration among the University of Minnesota, University of Minnesota Physicians, and Fairview Health Services. The healthcare system combines the best of academic and community medicine - expanding access to world-class, breakthrough care through our 10 hospitals and 60 clinics.Fairview Health Services (fairview.org) is an award-winning, nonprofit health system providing exceptional care across the full spectrum of health care services. Fairview is one of the most comprehensive and geographically accessible systems in the state, with 10 hospitals-including an academic medical center and long-term care hospital-serving the greater Twin Cities metro area.Its broad continuum also includes 60 primary care clinics, specialty clinics, senior living communities, retail and specialty pharmacies, pharmacy benefit management services, rehabilitation centers, counseling and home health care services, medical transportation, an integrated provider network and health insurer PreferredOne. In partnership with the University of Minnesota, ... Show more
BACK TO TOP
ASHHRA Career Center is Just One of the Benefits.
Discover what else ASHHRA has to offer!
The job you are trying to reach from was originally posted at ASHHRA Career Center.
- © 2020 by the American Hospital Association. All rights reserved.
Noncommercial use of original content on www.aha.org is granted to AHA Institutional Members, their employees and State, Regional and Metro Hospital Associations unless otherwise indicated. AHA does not claim ownership of any content, including content incorporated by permission into AHA produced materials, created by any third party and cannot grant permission to use, distribute or otherwise reproduce such third party content. To request permission to reproduce AHA content, please click here .